Help support TMP

"Tomorrow’s Technicals Will Be Chinese" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ultramodern Warfare (2006-present) Message Board

481 hits since 30 Mar 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango0130 Mar 2018 11:48 a.m. PST

"The world's largest automobile market is China, which also has one of fastest-growing auto industries. Likewise, higher-quality Chinese pickup trucks are spreading globally, which means they're winding up in the hands of rebel groups.

It's only inevitable. This comes as China, seeking a growth market, has aggressively expanded its exports, notably in African countries where there are fewer car buyers. In 2017, Cameroon held its first car and pickup exhibition thanks to Chinese entrepreneur Lu Fuqing.

It's in the developing-world domestic markets that light pickups go from work trucks to the battlefield. In third-world warfare, pickup trucks have advantages over armored vehicles that require specialized maintenance and logistical supply lines that insurgent armies and special operations troops might not have on hand…."
Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

zoneofcontrol30 Mar 2018 12:52 p.m. PST

Well, all of that and they have replaced the cup holders with ammo storage bins and hardened ordnance attachment points come as standard features on the base model. $29.00 USD down and $129.00 USD per month for 72 months and you can be a proud owner. Rear window gun rack and confederate flag are optional.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP30 Mar 2018 2:38 p.m. PST

"Cameroon held its first car and pickup exhibition thanks to Chinese entrepreneur Lu Fuqing."

Are these real people? Or something from Austin Powers?

Dan

zoneofcontrol30 Mar 2018 6:54 p.m. PST

Dan, knock it off. I had about 3 responses for your comment but don't want to visit the K-9 Kennel on account of evading the bleeper machine. It's Good Friday so don't get me in trouble just two days away from my Easter basket.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP30 Mar 2018 11:19 p.m. PST

ZOC

I thought you were going to say "Dan, oh behave!". :)

Dan

picture

bsrlee31 Mar 2018 7:03 p.m. PST

I wonder how all this will be affected by the official Chinese policy of removing all petrol & diesel engine vehicles from production and switching to electric?

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP31 Mar 2018 10:31 p.m. PST

"the official Chinese policy of removing all petrol & diesel engine vehicles from production and switching to electric"

All? I'll believe it when I see it, and I don't mean on one of their government's fantasy reports or commercials.

Dan

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.