Help support TMP

"Adepticon " Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

461 hits since 23 Mar 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

MinBiz23 Mar 2018 1:56 p.m. PST

Made a trip to suburban Chicago today to see Adepticon. Wow. Interestingly, this primairly sci-fi/ fantasy/ ultramodern/ post apoc con has quite a few historical products dealers in their very large dealers' area. Also HMGS-M and The Wargaming Company were running some historical games along with Cruscible Crush's Flint and Feather demo games. Lots of folks around the Knuckleduster booth.

Its only a guess, but standing in the middle of the main area, the attendee's I could see was around 600. I bet the weekend is over 3500 or so attendees.

lasalle01224 Mar 2018 5:50 p.m. PST

Last year they topped 3800. With an increase of over 600. I would be very surprised if the don't top 4k.

chuck05 Fezian24 Mar 2018 6:30 p.m. PST

I went today. It was packed with people.

They need to do something about parking though. That lot is too small. It took us a half hour to find a spot.

It was a good time though. I didnt play again this year. It was mostly a browsing trip. I did buy a couple things but that was it. There was a nice selection of vendors.

The Wargaming Company25 Mar 2018 5:50 p.m. PST

The Wargaming Company had a terrific time at AdeptiCon. We released our new Napoleonic Box Sets, were interviewed by ‌Beasts of War and ran demo/learning games of ESR Napoleonics all weekend.

The convention staff were professional, easy to work with, clear, and very supportive. There was also a lot of interest from both attendees and the convention in historical gaming and as a result our products were very well received. We look forward to helping AdeptiCon grow their historical gaming in the future.

There were many, many day trippers each day who were both checking out the games and numerous classes offered as well as shopping. This was strongly encouraged by the fact that attendees do not have to pay to attend but only to participate in games and classes i.e. browsing and shopping are free, if you want to play, you can buy a ticket and join a game.

Attendees were very engaged and friendly, there was a phenomenal amount of energy largely due from the broadly diverse attendance where men and women of all ages, from grade school to post-retirement were talking, gaming, painting, and shopping.

This was definitely one of the best executed conventions we have attended.

We will definitely be returning for AdeptiCon 2019.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.