Help support TMP

"Safe travels to Cold Wars!" Topic

18 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

704 hits since 12 Mar 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Moe the Great13 Mar 2018 3:47 a.m. PST

With Wintery weather this week on the east coast, I wish everyone safe travels and I will see you on Friday.

Moe

Garryowen Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 5:20 a.m. PST

Thanks. same to you.
Coming from Ohio the weather looked fine recently. Today I see the temperatures are going to be lower as I get further east. I probably won't need it, but as usual for Cold Wars, I am bringing my snow shovel just in case.

Tom

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member13 Mar 2018 5:26 a.m. PST

Roger that… coming from Western PA… pretty much OH….

cleo liebl13 Mar 2018 8:55 a.m. PST

In Lititz, north of Lancaster, the snow has melted except in the shady spots. It will freeze tonight, but by Thursday/Friday, it should be dry … if you believe the weather men or the groundhog.

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 2:33 p.m. PST

Cold and windy in Harrisburg, PA, the only snow visible is on lawns and non-paved surfaces. Dress warm, travellers!

Tumbleweed Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 5:06 p.m. PST

I looks like our friends in Massachusetts will have the roughest time. Godspeed, brothers.

Ember52 Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 5:21 p.m. PST

Safe travels, especially if you're heading down early from the Northeast.

23rdFusilier Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 6:14 p.m. PST

"I looks like our friends in Massachusetts will have the roughest time. Godspeed, brothers."

That is the truth! Spent the last three hours digging out and will have to get up early to finnish. But we are still planning on leaving in the morning to get there early. We will be stopping on way to visit the new Museum of the American Revolution.

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP14 Mar 2018 5:03 a.m. PST

Weather outlook locally is relatively clear, low chance of precip, and windy, warming trend starts Saturday.

Rotundo14 Mar 2018 7:19 a.m. PST

Yup, should be crisp and sunny. Not bad Carp, not bad at all.

Double G Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Mar 2018 3:00 p.m. PST

Got hammered here with snow yesterday, over 13 inches. Managed to get out of my complex without much of a hassle, grab my van from Enterprise and had no issues getting into my building to pack and load the van.

Cold Wars wouldn't be Cold Wars without some sort of storm before or during, this is the fourth year in a row.

All I need now is for plenty of you to show up ready to spend money, so make it happen……………;)……………I'll be wheeling and dealing in the dealer hall, have a raftload of painted and unpainted 28mm buildings, mostly for Napoleonics, ACW and Wild West……………travel safe everyone.

CSherrange14 Mar 2018 4:10 p.m. PST

Safe travels all. Hopefully my ride wont be bad, leaving from Pittsburgh across the turnpike.

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP14 Mar 2018 7:39 p.m. PST

Roads clear here in Central PA (Harrisburg, about 34 miles NW of Lancaster Host).
No appreciable precip expected through the weekend, but windy is the flavor of the days.
See y'all there, drive safe, and remember: Some Pennsylvanians _will_ let you ease into traffic or behave in a polite and courteous driving style. Try not to let this shock you into having an accident.

23rdFusilier Supporting Member of TMP14 Mar 2018 7:56 p.m. PST

After digging out hoped in the car with my buddy and made the drive down to Cold Wars. No snow, roads are excellent here. But very cold. Tomorrow we go to the new Museum of the American Revolution. Then cold wars on Friday to sunday. Look forward to this each year.

Moe the Great15 Mar 2018 6:00 a.m. PST

Thanks for the updates. I'm leaving early Friday AM.

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2018 9:25 a.m. PST

511PA link states some light snow/visibility issues on I-76 west of Carlisle to the Ohio line, and I-476 in Northeastern PA, as well as some traffic slowing due to accidents.
Also check out the site for real-time traffic flow map: 511pa.com

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP16 Mar 2018 2:26 a.m. PST

Hope everyone has a great time today!!

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member19 Mar 2018 6:57 a.m. PST

Wish I could upload pics…. left in about 1.5-2 FEET of snow…. Once I got to I80 though… clean driving.. even in the mountains by State college.

The trip back was clean and clear.

AND THANKS for the goblins! I also found another small bag of the 15mm WW1 Germans… I'll pass them off to you at the next show.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.