Help support TMP

"2nd Afghan War AAR... and some "real life" stuff" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in the USA Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Victorian Colonial Board Message Board

506 hits since 13 Mar 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Mad Guru Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 3:14 a.m. PST

I've been a bit out-of-the-hobby loop lately due to "Real Life" being extra-busy, but I finally got around to posting a long-overdue AAR on a game I played back in early December 2017.

The interim was filled with some significant real life events, and I wound up blogging about them as well as the game. Nothing too traumatic, though one of the events was a memorial for my cousin who passed away about a year ago, a great guy dearly missed by many. The most recent real world news was great -- my daughter received an appointment to the USMA at West Point and I'm sure that was due to what she learned pushing lead and throwing dice in anger across the table from me over the years (just kidding!!!).

But if you're not interested in any of that personal stuff, you can easily scroll down to where it says "ACTUAL WARGAME AAR STARTS HERE…" in XXL lettering and still enjoy 188 pics of c.1879 Anglo-Indian vs. Afghan wargame goodness.

Here's some pics to whet your Victorian Colonial whistle:

Kindly click below if you'd like to see more, and thanks in advance for your time and attention if you do so -- whether or not you jump ahead to the ACTUAL WARGAME AAR!

…and I apologize in advance for what happened to the Gurkhas.

Personal logo Florida Tory Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 3:49 a.m. PST

Congratulations to your daughter!

Personal logo chicklewis Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 6:22 a.m. PST

Looks SPECTACULAR, as we have come to expect from you, MadGuru !!!

Gone Fishing13 Mar 2018 8:39 a.m. PST

Absolutely smashing stuff, Guru! The photos are just breathtaking. So sorry to hear about your cousin, along with warmest congratulations on your daughter's acceptance.

takeda33313 Mar 2018 8:47 a.m. PST

What a superb table,minis and report.

Oberlindes Sol LIC13 Mar 2018 8:56 a.m. PST

Congratulations and thanks for the great pictures.

Youngknight Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 1:50 p.m. PST

As always your pics leave me speechless. Well done. Congrats on your daughter's appointment' you must be very proud! Keep up the good work!!

Ragbones Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2018 2:51 p.m. PST

MadGuru, condolences on your loss. Your cousin, George, sounds like a truly wonderful guy.
Congratulations on Izzy's appointment to West Point. Exciting times!
And thanks for the great photos and AAR. Your posts are always a high point for me.

Field Marshal13 Mar 2018 5:12 p.m. PST

Absolutely beautiful!

saltflats192913 Mar 2018 8:27 p.m. PST

Conan says "This is good."

Mad Guru Supporting Member of TMP14 Mar 2018 11:20 a.m. PST

Rick, Chick, Daryl, Takeda, Oberlindes, Tom, Wayne, Jason, and of course Conan: THANK YOU for the condolences, congratulations, and positive feedback.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.