Help support TMP

"Market Garden Terrain KickStarter" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the 20mm WWII Message Board

Back to the Crowdfunding Message Board

1,087 hits since 8 Mar 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

kencoleau08 Mar 2018 9:48 p.m. PST

This KickStarter campaign looks awesome, I am in on it. All the bridges and some what if stuff, gliders, buildings, etc. and it is already funded.

link

Neal Smith08 Mar 2018 10:16 p.m. PST

Looks really cool… Some useful stuff there. I'm having it remind me… I really have too much already, but this can sit on the computer until I "need" it… :)

LeonAdler Sponsoring Member of TMP08 Mar 2018 11:48 p.m. PST

Why is all the building detail so overscaled? Those roofing tiles look like they would work out to 2'x 3' as for the brickwork………….it deos seem these days that every building has to look like its made of cartoon lego. Whats happend to detail, scale, proportion?
L

deephorse09 Mar 2018 2:30 a.m. PST

I have to agree with Leon. Those buildings are spectacularly unattractive.

gianpippo09 Mar 2018 5:08 a.m. PST

I guess it is helpful for painting. In small scales to paint "right proportion" details is very frustrating because they are too flat.

LeonAdler Sponsoring Member of TMP09 Mar 2018 7:12 a.m. PST

gianpippo,
I see what your trying to say but thats a question of 'depth' (ie the distance between the say the level of the mortar course and the brick) of the detail not its area.
L

Fred Cartwright09 Mar 2018 7:26 a.m. PST

The bridges are nice though! :-)

Personal logo Doctor X Supporting Member of TMP09 Mar 2018 10:51 p.m. PST

Hopefully things with this vendor go smoothly for those jumping in on another one of his KickStarts.

You may want to take a look at how his last one went, or should I say is still going. There seems to be a number of unhappy people with his files. Here is the link to the comments page of that KS. You'll need to scroll down a little to get to customer issues.

link

At least his Kickstarts are only for files.

I've purchased printed kits he says were available from him twice and never got a thing sent to me.

In the first case it was via eBay and I tried to buy about $250 USD in various buildings he was selling. Never got any communication from him and my money wasn't refunded until the last possible day allowed him.

Fast forward a few years and again I saw some buildings on eBay. I thought I'd give him another shot as I really liked the buildings and what he was trying to do. I really wanted this to take off so there would be more offerings I liked in the future.

I discussed my first transaction with him and he promised me that would not happen again, but it did. After more promises to ship and then a claim my order did ship, 90 days later I had nothing. He couldn't provide a tracking number or even a receipt that he paid for shipping to me.

In spite of requests for an explanation, I got none. The good news was because it was through eBay so I again got my money back. He then pulled all his product from eBay shortly thereafter. I think it was because the negative feedback was starting to pile up and he couldn't deliver.

I know he used to post on the Guild so I hopped over there to see if anyone else had similar issues. There was a whole thread of upset customers who had the same experience, product he did ship the lucky few was poorly printed, or the product arrived broken. Sadly, the Guild is no more or I would link to that topic.

Hopefully if you get in on this KS with WoW Buildings it works out for you. I wanted to let people know about my past experience and Wow's past performance because this isn't eBay and you have no recourse.

Simo Hayha10 Mar 2018 9:19 p.m. PST

I too have heard negative things about WOW buildings. I have never attempted to purchase any for this reason. Definitely shady business practices and I wouldn't recommend.

TunnelRat Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2018 3:58 a.m. PST

Thanks for the friendly warning Doc. I will keep an eye on how things develop.

Thomas Nissvik13 Mar 2018 3:39 a.m. PST

I have bought from WOW. I bought some Market Garden houses to share with my friend Koen and use in our Ooosterbeek scenario at a local convention in November 2017.
Cash left my account 25 September.
After reminding Paul once a month stuff arrived on 3 Feb 2018. I took a bunch of pics and handed them over to Koen who put them on his blog as I was (and still am) sick and low on energy.
link

Paul never answered my email about the quality but he did promise Koen new product would be sent out. I started a paypal dispute for the full amount, ready to drop the dispute or pay if it turned out that good product would be delivered.
Here is what happened:
link
Paypal came through so I have not paid for the two boxes of junk sitting on my floor. That is the good news.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.