Help support TMP

"The Greatest Breakthrough in Travel..." Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

Back to the Pulp Gaming Message Board

Back to the Doctor Who Message Board

Back to the 28mm Sci-Fi Message Board

729 hits since 7 Mar 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Carrion Crow07 Mar 2018 6:57 a.m. PST

In the absence of my very own Baldrick, I've had to do the work on my time machine for my 28mm Edmund Blackadder myself. It's not quite finished, but certainly looks more like what it should than the previous "hatbox on a washing machine" look. Details can be found on my blog here:

Oberlindes Sol LIC07 Mar 2018 11:07 a.m. PST

Very nice work. Thanks for posting.

I take minor issue with your statement: "The machine needed four decorative ‘spires' on each corner of the roof".

Far from decorative, it is, I believe, well established that the four spires are the calibrating focal points of the temporal distortion field mechanism. See marginalia to Da Vinci's 1487-1488 notebooks.

MajorB07 Mar 2018 11:42 a.m. PST

You could've just used a police box …

CAPTAIN BEEFHEART07 Mar 2018 4:51 p.m. PST

Those 'spires' are pure inspiration. Forget rivets, bring on the wood screws!

Borderguy19007 Mar 2018 10:08 p.m. PST

Great stuff!

Carrion Crow08 Mar 2018 5:21 a.m. PST

Thanks all. As I only had Baldrick's 'notes' – which were done in crayon and featured several drawings of turnips, rather than the original DaVinci notebooks, I made an assumption regarding the spires. Apologies for this.

As for a police box, there's one of those on the workbench too…

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.