Help support TMP

"For those who are looking for a 15mm LVTP-7..." Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Flames of War Message Board

Back to the Cold War (1946-1989) Message Board

526 hits since 1 Mar 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Natxoman01 Mar 2018 9:27 a.m. PST

…search no more (well , almost):

Buckeye AKA Darryl03 Mar 2018 6:12 a.m. PST

One here as well, and this guy's work is goooood and priced for gamers:

Buckeye AKA Darryl03 Mar 2018 6:15 a.m. PST

And another…but who is counting?

Natxoman03 Mar 2018 8:41 a.m. PST

Yeah , right , but you see , those are the initial LTTP-7 A1 (QRF) , and the later AAVP-7A1 (that of Irishserb , wich is very nice , BTW) .

The model fron Totentanz represents the initial model of the family , the LVTP-7 (without the "A1" part) , wich had different set of headlights , and that was in use until the early/mid 80s…

I'm not aware of other nodel from any other miniatures Company in 1:100/15mm , but I could be wrong…

Buckeye AKA Darryl03 Mar 2018 1:14 p.m. PST

Ahhh, thank you for the explanation. To me, in 15mm, there isn't a ton of difference (I know, heresy, right?). I just keep hoping that Totentanz will get their Spanish infantry released soon.

Natxoman03 Mar 2018 6:52 p.m. PST

I just keep hoping that Totentanz get their spanish anything released soon…

Apparently , the spanish forces kickstarter was too successful

However , I purchased one of their AMX-10RC , and one VAB and those are very nice models , although , I miss the possibility of doing them with open hatches

ScottS06 Mar 2018 4:04 p.m. PST

Quick guide…

LVTP-7 has round headlights, a small turret without grenade launchers, guards on the water-jet buckets, a lower TC hatch (the one behind the driver), and single cargo hatch supports.

The AAVs have rectangular removable headlights, a larger turret (EDWS or UGWS), no bucket-guards, a raised TC hatch, and pairs of cargo hatch supports.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.