Help support TMP

"Analysis North Korea army equipment military parade " Topic

18 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ultramodern Warfare (2008-present) Message Board

780 hits since 12 Feb 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango0112 Feb 2018 12:51 p.m. PST

…February 2018

"Thursday, February 8, 2018, at the military parade that celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Korean People's Army that was held Pyongyang (North Korea), North Korean armed forces have unveiled a large number of new combat vehicles including main battle tanks, armoured personnel carrier, artillery howitzers, air defense systems and rocket launcher systems. Analysis and pictures of new military equipment shown at the North Korean military parade by Army Recognition editorial team…"

picture

Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2018 12:59 p.m. PST

I am reminded of a quote from the film The Peacemaker…

"I'm not worry about the guy who wants 10 nuclear warheads. I'm worried about the guy who only wants the one"

They know they can't really win a war, but that's not going to keep them from starting one and from specifically targeting our civilian population.

Dan

john snelling12 Feb 2018 3:23 p.m. PST

good stuff

Apache 612 Feb 2018 4:09 p.m. PST

Wow, those are some heavily armed tanks. Their training program must really rock to make a tank crew proficient in the use of all that ordnance mounted on a single vehicle.

I'm curious if they have been able to "net" the light SAMs? (it seems kind of silly to call them MANPADs when mounted on an AFV). They (at least the ones on the MBT) look as if they are "remote controlled" from inside the fighting compartment. Cannot really tell for the BTR's and similar vehicles.

Garand12 Feb 2018 6:22 p.m. PST

I think the fact the tanks all have MANPADs shows the lack of confidence the Norkers have on their ability to control the airspace over the battlezone.

Damon.

Old Glory Sponsoring Member of TMP12 Feb 2018 6:43 p.m. PST

What a time for "the strike" right during the parade -- right along with a big thank you!!

"I suppose you were all wondering why I called you all here together in one place today --???"

Regards
Russ Dunaway

Tgunner12 Feb 2018 7:10 p.m. PST

Thatīs a lot of SA-16s. Someone is REALLY worried about air attacks. I question their ability to use that effectively. Maybe it is part of the tankīs fire control system? I highly doubt it, but on the other hand the HUMVEE Avenger did have Stingers mounted with a .50 mg. So maybe… but I doubt it. Maybe a crewman hops out and uses it?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian12 Feb 2018 8:22 p.m. PST

Seems like a lot of missiles are going to go off the first time an air strike appears…

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2018 7:21 a.m. PST

All in the spirit of the ancient Olympics, right? :)

Dan
PS. Old Glory: "What a time for "the strike" right during the parade -- right along with a big thank you!!"
LOL. My thought exactly!

Tango0113 Feb 2018 10:29 a.m. PST

(smile)

Amicalement
Armand

Patrick Sexton Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2018 11:19 a.m. PST

Their personnel seem to have quite a few medals considering that have not fought an actual conflict since the 1950s.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2018 11:46 a.m. PST

Not much difference between the real and the altered photos, is there?

Dan

picture

picture

zoneofcontrol Inactive Member13 Feb 2018 12:31 p.m. PST

It must be pure hell to be in line behind these guys when they are going through the airport metal detectors. Please, Please, PLEASE… do not check their underwear for explosives.

On second thought:
Are those really medals? Or is this the NORK version of a Chainmail Bikini?

Old Glory Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Feb 2018 12:46 p.m. PST

I have always fantasized about seeing one of these parades via satellite technology -- while controlling the proverbial "BUTTON" -- I can only imagine my extreme dilated eyes and salivating mouth !!!

Regards
Russ Dunaway

Choctaw13 Feb 2018 2:16 p.m. PST

Haven't half the guys in the photo been executed by now?

jdginaz13 Feb 2018 4:42 p.m. PST

Reminds me of when I was a kid and would glue extra weapons on some of my tank models to make them look "cooler"

Seems like it would be difficult to track an aircraft with the mounted SA-16 from inside a tank not to mention spotting one in the first place

Why would a SPA need twin grenade launchers?

zoneofcontrol Inactive Member13 Feb 2018 8:02 p.m. PST

"Why would a SPA need twin grenade launchers?"

I was thinking about that too. Maybe they are to help "bolster the morale" of any frontline troops advancing to the rear.

Lion in the Stars15 Feb 2018 9:07 p.m. PST

When the US Army was still working on the Future Combat Systems program, they figured out that the best close defense weapon wasn't actually a .50cal, but an AutoGL (and specifically the 25x59mm, not the 40mm). But a machinegun or automatic cannon is better for self-defense AA work.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.