Help support TMP


"Colonial Battlefleet rules question about Stealth" Topic


7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.


Back to the Spaceship Gaming Message Board



478 hits since 8 Feb 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Oldgrumbler Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2018 8:47 p.m. PST

I posted this on the Colonial Battlefleet forum, but got no replies so I will try here.
I am new to the game system . I find the rules regarding stealthy ships a little confusing. On page 82 it seems to say that you need an advanced stealth generator to hide a ship (Quantum Manipulation Tech level 4.) But it also says that the Scout function allows for stealth (Tech 3.) So at what tech level can ships become stealthy?
Thanks for any help.

JPK

Toaster08 Feb 2018 8:58 p.m. PST

You can use stealth at Tech level 3. The advanced stealth generator allows ships to recloak which basic stealth doesn't allow.

I've gotten in the habit of only checking the SDG forum once a month or so because after the initial burst of enthusiasm it went very quiet, pity it's a good system and a lot of fun.

A friend and I are in the midst of a campaign with developing tech levels, we started with only 2 points each and were up to 5 or 6 pts on our most advanced ships now, still not enough Quantum manipulation for stealth though.

The other good place to catch up with other players is SCN star-ranger.com/forum most of the SDG forum members are there and I think they've just chosen to do all their online space gaming discussion in the one place which I sorta agree with.

Robert

Oldgrumbler Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2018 10:14 p.m. PST

Thanks for the help.

Tonight I was searching with Bing to get painting ideas. I entered "painted GZG full thrust". About 98% of the images were of Star ships. The other 2%, wow!, not the full thrust I had in mind.

JPK

Toaster09 Feb 2018 1:38 p.m. PST

Safe search on, safe search on!

Part time gamer14 Apr 2018 12:01 a.m. PST

O. G.,
I 'feel your pain', always loved BSG, although the remade ship was cool, TOS Galactica, well that's 'my' Galactica.

I think your seeing what I see a lot, w/ few exceptions, games are 'hot' and you said it; "after the initial burst of enthusiasm".. then its 'on to the latest hot New game.

The main reason its so very hard for me to 'buy into' any game sys. no sooner do you seem to learn and get into a game, the general interest seems to fade.

As to your search results for images, I'm guessing by "starships", your results were mostly ST?

TheBeast Supporting Member of TMP17 Apr 2018 7:39 a.m. PST

PTG: No, I'm pretty sure the extra two percent full thrust images were of an erotic nature. ;->=

As I've so oft pointed out, the 'Full Thrust' always seemed like an obvious double entendre from a man who produces 'Gentlemen's Collectables (18 yrs old only)…'

I then proudly recollect how, decades ago on the GZG mailing list, he called me a dirty old man. High praise, indeed!

Doug

Part time gamer22 Apr 2018 11:25 p.m. PST

TheBeast
PTG: No, I'm pretty sure the extra two percent full thrust images were of an erotic nature.
I keep forgetting.. virtually 'anything' you search for on the 'net, will lead you to results not even remotely associated to the topic of interest.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.