Help support TMP

"Vendee for Napoleon's Battles" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

703 hits since 6 Feb 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Killerkatanas Inactive Member06 Feb 2018 8:09 a.m. PST

Hello,

Napoleon's Battles covers the French Revolution, but there are no Vendee lists in them.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any army lists or has played the Vendee using the rules, and what they might suggest for army stats.

Thank you.

Wealdmaster06 Feb 2018 9:44 a.m. PST

Good point, I've pondered over the early rev lists for some time as our group has played a lot of Napoleon's Battles. Like many rules for Napoleonics, they are a little light on the rev era coverage.

Louie N06 Feb 2018 10:28 a.m. PST

Would NB, a brigade based system, be appropriate for actions in the Vendee?

I always thought of fighting in those areas as fighting pro royal forces in a counter-counter revolution campaign.

Thanks

Prince of Essling06 Feb 2018 3:12 p.m. PST

Kléber en Vendée (1793-1794) / documents publiés, pour la Société d'histoire does contain a list for the Revolutionary army – see pages 460 to 465. The book is on Gallica at: link
It can be downloaded by clicking the downward arrow (telechargement/impression), tick the box next to "En cochant cette casse, ….." and then press "Telecharger"

Killerkatanas Inactive Member06 Feb 2018 8:03 p.m. PST

Louie,

There are some fairly large battles that were fought during the conflict.

The Battles of Saumur, Coron, Vihiers, Nantes, Cholet and La Tremblaye are around 12-25,000 per side, with Tiffauges (one of the largest) having 40,000 combatants on each side.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.