Help support TMP

"Cold Wars Flea Market what are you selling looking for topic" Topic

51 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

1,786 hits since 31 Jan 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pages: 1 2 

Rangers Lead the Way01 Feb 2018 12:36 a.m. PST

Like the topic says

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2018 5:37 a.m. PST

Hmm. Selling? Probably historical 54mm, SF 28mm, 28mm resin terrain (Hovels, I think) and the usual paper--books, rules and magazines--I should never have bought in the first place.

Buying I'm not so sure. 10mm ACW? 5/6mm armor for the Western Desert? Maybe some stray 1/72 WWII for 1944 France, but the late start is a problem for that one: it's something they might actually sell in the Dealers Hall.

But the glory of the flea market is that it always has something I need that I didn't know I was looking for.

TodCreasey Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2018 6:16 a.m. PST

I'll be looking for 28mm ECW painted and unpainted and 15mm Renaissance Muscovites and Cossacks (which I am not holding my breath for)

zoneofcontrol01 Feb 2018 7:08 a.m. PST

Looking for:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Soft Sugar Cookies with Vanilla Frosting

Ahem, Jeff and mini-Jeff (aka Tree Girl), are you listening?

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2018 8:12 a.m. PST

See what I mean about stuff not on the list? Chocolate chips, by all means.

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2018 8:34 a.m. PST

I'll be looking for Jacobite Highlanders, but only if they're cheap.
"We're frugal, Laddie. Never call us cheap!"
(Maybe some Gubmint Troops too, because you have to have Bad Guys.)
I had 48 of them for Moore's Creek Bridge (I know, I know), and absolutely need more.

masm6110 Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2018 8:57 a.m. PST

Selling ,,,,,,,,,,, lots of 20MM ww2 painted lead Europe Brits, USA, Germany, Russia and North Africa Italians

Could be selling,,, 15mm WW2 don't know if I'd bring it as I want to sell the whole armies USA,Russia and Germany

Wants 15mm Early Spanish Napoleonic , old school MiniFig types

and I will second the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

-Mike

DaleWill Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2018 10:24 a.m. PST

Looking for 6mm H&R Napoleonics and maybe some 28mm WW2 U.S. Could probably jump on some small scale 6/10mm ECW.

Rotundo01 Feb 2018 11:07 a.m. PST

Looking for 15mm Arab buildings.

Ferd4523101 Feb 2018 12:34 p.m. PST

I will be selling 6mm ECW unpainted and still in the bag (for the most part) I have 3 Bolt Action armies (IJA, USMC and the most fun 8th Route Army) for sale. Selling my 10mm Pendragen NW Frontier with baggage train, hill fort, Brits, Indians, Regular Afghan army and loads of Pathans. Also selling my modern Mid East 20mm Al Q or Isis or what ever, armor, Americans, Civilians and some buildings. Have Road Rage/Mad Max cars, loads of wargame magazines and Blue and Gray magazines. Oh yeah WWII micro armor. May well be more as I am cleaning house.

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2018 1:43 p.m. PST

Ferd, if it's H&R ECW or 8th Army/Afrika Korps microarmor, we can do business.

CSherrange01 Feb 2018 2:04 p.m. PST

28mm cowboys/ western. 28mm terrain for WW2/ western. Painted ww2 28mm Italians.

Ferd4523102 Feb 2018 7:23 a.m. PST

Robert,
They are H &R. I have some German Mk3's and maybe some others in the German stuff. Brits are all post D-Day. E mail me if you'd like for more details. Ferd45231@gmail.com. H

lasalle01202 Feb 2018 9:00 a.m. PST

anyone looking to part with unpainted 15mm Minifig Crimean war figs?

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP02 Feb 2018 1:21 p.m. PST

"and I will second the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies"

And I will just sit here drooling in the corner, anticipating the vernal emergence of TreeGirl and her cookies!

TSD10102 Feb 2018 2:40 p.m. PST

Maybe its time to start dumping my FoW, since interest has died out.

DF200902 Feb 2018 7:52 p.m. PST

So, not exactly sure what I'm bringing to sell since I have a basement full of stuff that I had the best intentions of painting and playing but, well you know- you guys are WarGamers too… Will have terrain, Magic cards, GW bits,bits, and more bits. Odd and ends Figs from various games,time periods, and systems. Oh yeah- still have 1 or 2 copies of Risk left! (wasn't a big hit at last show.)
Looking for ships for X-wing game, older RPG books and GW Figs from their side games like Mordheim, NecroMunda, and SpaceHulk. Always willing to do trades also.

Cheers, -D.Fischer II-

snurl1 Inactive Member03 Feb 2018 6:57 a.m. PST

Looking for Mordheim figures and bits, and old Minifigs and Heritage fantasy figures. And cookies.

DF200903 Feb 2018 11:00 a.m. PST

Oh, and beer… it's not a show without at least one beer… Uummmmm… cookies and beer…

114th Pennsylvania04 Feb 2018 8:31 a.m. PST

"Can't you understand what's happening here? Don't you see what's happening? Potter isn't selling. Potter's buying! And why? Because we're panicking and he's not. That's why. He's picking up some bargains." – George Bailey

Always looking for terrain 15-28-40mm, getting interested in Franco-Prussian, Austrian-Prussian in 15 mm. and lastly looking for Spanish-American War figures in 28 mm……

"And a Beer"- McKenzie Brothers

snurl1 Inactive Member05 Feb 2018 6:05 a.m. PST

Are there rules against selling beer in the flea market?

zoneofcontrol05 Feb 2018 7:12 a.m. PST

"Are there rules against selling beer in the flea market?"

Only if you get caught. Especially if you get caught by HMGS, Inc., the hotel, the police, the State Police, the PLCB (PA Liquor Control Board).

You could always try:
"Hey you… buddy; you want to buy some paint? I've got these special 12 oz., pop-top cans of "paint" under my table. They could be yours for the right price."

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP05 Feb 2018 5:48 p.m. PST

zoneofcontrol spake thusly:
<You could always try:
"Hey you… buddy; you want to buy some paint? I've got these special 12 oz., pop-top cans of "paint" under my table. They could be yours for the right price.">

Nah, not paint-- paint _stripper_.
Beer is better as a BYOB thing to enjoy and share with yer mates.

snurl1 Inactive Member06 Feb 2018 7:19 a.m. PST

Dash it all. Another get rich quick scheme foiled again.

jpipes06 Feb 2018 1:06 p.m. PST

Looking for (all painted) Flames of War units and armies (especially D-Day, Northwest Europe, and LRDG), 28mm World War One (especially US Doughboys, USMC, and French), 28mm War of the Roses, 28mm fantasy, 28mm gothic horror, 28mm Irish Rebellion 1916-1922, and terrain for all of the above.

DF200907 Feb 2018 1:52 p.m. PST

I by NO means was suggesting anyone SELL beer anywhere at the Con. I was hinting that someone BUY a beer (from the Host) for a hard working staff member… Ya know, maybe that Handsome, polite guy that may be running Wally's Basement who is always helpful and caring… just sayin'…
-d.-

masm6110 Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2018 6:21 a.m. PST

Hello Jason
>Looking for (all painted) Flames of War units and armies >(especially D-Day, Northwest Europe, and LRDG),

on Ebay right now I'm selling some US and German items
search for seller masm6110

if you want I can bring to the show as I will have a table

Also if you support TMP with a small donation, or large one, you can send and receive out of band emails

Sorry for spaming the rest of you all…
-Mike

23rdFusilier Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2018 12:05 p.m. PST

Looking for rivers. Need a lot to do Weitzel's mill later this year.

Moe the Great22 Feb 2018 5:56 a.m. PST

Where to start……

3mm, 6mm, 15mm, 28mm scifi
wh40k rogue trader beakies and other items
WHFB
Dystopian Wars
Planetfall
Renegade legion
Battletech
200+ Painted classic sci-fi figures
Silent death games and figures
Ogre games, figures
Weird War II Painted figures
15mm and 28mm modern terrain

And on and on…

Double G Sponsoring Member of TMP22 Feb 2018 8:59 a.m. PST

Looking for;

20mm painted WWII figures
20mm painted/unpainted Franco Prussian war (yeah, a long shot, but what the heck)
20mm scenery for Napoleonics/ACW/FPW/WWII(fields, trees, walls, fences, bridges, buildings, etc, etc)

historygamer22 Feb 2018 9:49 a.m. PST

Looking for decently painted (and correct) 15mm ACW troops. I reserve the right to determine decently painted. :-)

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP23 Feb 2018 6:36 a.m. PST

As always….. looking for:
LOTR miniatures (GW)
Mordhiem Miniatures (GW)

Selling:
I am actually selling stuff this year!!! Found some more stuff I won't ever be using…. I'll update as I put it together.

I am also dumping my entire Dungeons and dragons collection…. pretty much a LOT of stuff…. Maybe Gamma World too…. Elf Quest… Cleaning RPG house so to speak….

I am considering dumping my LOTR RPG (ICE) stuff too.

If interested, let me know in advance.. it is a LOT of stuff.

@Dennis….. I will go through my X-wing ships… you go through your scenery please….

Daribuck Supporting Member of TMP26 Feb 2018 11:40 a.m. PST

Selling? if I get off my ass, catalog and price everything, and manage to snag a table, I will be selling a lot of unpainted fantasy figures in 28mm. (Why do we even have Fantasy a Hmgs conventions… Why do I have ANY fantasy figures? heh heh) Plus anything else that I can find larger than 15mm. (It takes up TOO much room!)

Buying? Almost anything I can find in 5-6mm (which usually isn't that much) excluding the 20th century… Have TONS of that…) I am ESPECIALLY looking for 5-6mm Armies from ASIA basically ANY period, as I have none. (China, Japan, India, Khmer, Mongols, Persians, Afghans etc…) Also Sci Fi stuff in 5-6mm,.

See you all there!

Daribuck…

Personal logo enfant perdus Supporting Member of TMP26 Feb 2018 3:02 p.m. PST

Mostly books. So many books.

Probably some modest lots of minis: unpainted 25mm ACW (OG), 28mm Crimean (Great War Mins.), 15mm WWII French (QC/19thC.)

Prints and lithographs. If you want some nice affordable stuff to deck your halls, I'll have a huge selection of plates by the Company of Military Historians. Pricier but still affordable will be some late 19thC lithographs of the Imperial German Army, 19thC lithos by H.A. Ogden of the US Army, hand colored and signed prints by Eugene Leliepvre, and maybe some Vernets. I'd love to bring some original WWI and WWII posters to sell, but they are too big for Wally's basement, as per the agreement.

NB I'm not a dealer, just a collector who has a mountain of lead and another one of paper. Sometimes you gotta let go.

Hope to see you all Saturday PM!

masm6110 Supporting Member of TMP28 Feb 2018 9:07 a.m. PST

I am selling ..
But I'm Looking for

15mm Peninsular troops, Minifig types real 15mm , British, Spanish and Portuguese

-Mike

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP05 Mar 2018 8:14 a.m. PST

I am still not seeing anyone listing that they are selling Mordheim or LOTR miniatures yet!!! Clean out those closets…. LOL!

Crap, I needed to add…. it is HMGS after all….
I am always looking for 15mm Napoleonics and 15mm WW1.

I am also considering some Historical skirmish games like SAGA, etc…

Moe the Great05 Mar 2018 6:42 p.m. PST

Dan, you know I got your hookup. LOTR

historygamer06 Mar 2018 1:17 p.m. PST

Looking for some decently painted 15mmACW OG or BH troops.

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP07 Mar 2018 12:13 p.m. PST

Moe, I love you! I will remember to bring something for auction this year and for the raffle again!

Does FoW still bring decent bids for painted stuff?

Yankees Supporting Member of TMP07 Mar 2018 2:52 p.m. PST

Does anyone have a copy of Valley games

Republic of Rome

Quanprint@aol.com

rmcaras Supporting Member of TMP08 Mar 2018 12:38 a.m. PST

Hey Dan, I know of a painting service out of Kyiv, Ukraine that can supply you with painted 15mm ACW and Napoleonics!

Otherwise, I'll have several 15mm collections: Crusades, ECW, FFL including the old AirFix fort, nicely finished. Also a 28mm Seleucid army….and Many More (the recording artist that is mentioned on every musical. CD commercial)….

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP08 Mar 2018 3:10 a.m. PST

If I can get a table, I have painted 25/28mm AWI armies. British, Loyalist, Hessians and Yankees.

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP09 Mar 2018 12:11 p.m. PST

@rmcaras… who do you think does all of my painting of everything smaller than 25mm?

What Crusade stuff do you have? I have recently ventured into By Fire and Sword and have also peeked interest in the Crusades….

Stepman309 Mar 2018 4:46 p.m. PST

Looking for 28mm Cold War era Russians and US troops especially from Mongrel Miniatures…And 1/50 scale Vehicles of the same…

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP09 Mar 2018 5:45 p.m. PST

While not specifically a miniatures item, to anyone running a Twilight:2000 Poland campaign: I have a small framed rendering of the Black Madonna of Czestochowa. This could be useful as a prop/atmosphere-setting item. Just saying….

TSD10110 Mar 2018 10:05 a.m. PST

I will be selling a lot of unpainted fantasy figures in 28mm.

You have my attention. Any larger monsters?

TRUgamer10 Mar 2018 10:36 a.m. PST

Winston,
What make are your AWI figures? I'm interested in well painted Perry's.
tuhl@verizon.net

TRU
(Tom)

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2018 5:33 a.m. PST

OK.. I started digging stuff out…. and picking stuff up.

A friend is unloading some 90's era 40k stuff….

30+ Plastic orcs and some lead ones along with snotlings?

A 12 man unit of Tau

Catachan jungle fighters, 2 squads of the original lead ones and some plastic ones and some personalities in lead.

The box set of original Steel Legion

Some storm troopers and Casrkin original box set…

If anyone is interested .. I have 4 or so units of the new plastic Cadians with both plastic and older metal command. I am just undecided on selling them or not.

I'll also have other stuff… I just have to go through my stuff to look.

Plastics will go at $1 USD each I am thinking and lead a tad more. The Karskins are pretty hot, so they will be more, but reasonable and negotiable… it is the flea market after all.

Moe the Great15 Mar 2018 6:46 p.m. PST

Snotlings? How many?

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP19 Mar 2018 8:06 a.m. PST

LOL!!! You should have asked at the show.. just seeing this now….

Pages: 1 2