Help support TMP

"The central MS wargaming convention feasibility study " Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

597 hits since 28 Jan 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Shakespear28 Jan 2018 8:50 p.m. PST

link

Please pass this far and wide. It would be nice to have something in 2019

wargamingUSA29 Jan 2018 6:05 a.m. PST

Likely I'll never get to a Game Con in MS… but these guys are actually trying to figure out what their consumers want in a convention. Big kudos to them for that effort and I wish them the best of luck.

Kevin C Supporting Member of TMP29 Jan 2018 6:54 a.m. PST

I don't live in Mississippi, but if it is held in the summer, I would be willing to try it out. It's good to see these types events being held in new locations.

coopman29 Jan 2018 8:14 p.m. PST

Are you with, or have you talked to, the Jackson Wargamers?

RudyNelson30 Jan 2018 4:05 p.m. PST

By limiting the target group, you will lose attendance. Though they may not play your area, such as RPG or cards, they would help cover expenses by having events or a tournament for them to play in.
There are already specific tourney events for systems like 40K, flames of war, mantic kings of war which I have seen 40 players in those tournaments for KoW at the past few shows.
Tournaments do take up space compared to the players.
A lot of planning issues. You need boots on the ground at the site too.

RudyNelson30 Jan 2018 4:10 p.m. PST

A few years ago, after Katrina, the Bayou Wars show moved from New Orleans to Vicksburg. It was a very well attended show.

Shakespear30 Jan 2018 5:07 p.m. PST

That Vicksburg show has always inspired me.

I will not limit the type of gaming but I would like to invite an ASL tournament and a LADG one too.

I do know that they take up a lot of space and I am planning on that

Mick the Metalsmith Inactive Member02 Feb 2018 6:10 a.m. PST

Bayouwars this year will be in Gulfport. I propose that a central MS show be held in New Orleans!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.