Help support TMP

"AB 18mm Württemberg for 1809" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

715 hits since 9 Jan 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 3 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

Inhaber Jerry09 Jan 2018 1:24 p.m. PST

Hello All,

Still plugging away on my little men. Finished a few miniatures for my 1809 Allies, as I slowly work towards finishing my Abensberg order of battle. At this rate, it will take me thirty years.

picture

picture

For more info see here: link

Cheers,

Kurt.

nsolomon9909 Jan 2018 4:02 p.m. PST

Great miniatures and masterfully painted. Well done.

von Winterfeldt10 Jan 2018 2:46 a.m. PST

great work Inhaber Jerry, excellent colour control

The Tyn Man Supporting Member of TMP10 Jan 2018 5:25 a.m. PST

"At this rate, it will take me thirty years."

I hear you, I'm the same way with my Wagram project… ;)

Great looking army by the way.

Cheers,
Dean

marshalGreg10 Jan 2018 1:04 p.m. PST

"At this rate, it will take me thirty years."
Yup I am already their.
Now have 85% of Davout's forces and the Kaiserlicks III and V + Res Corps forces for this OOB April 1809 completed at 1:20.
Time will fly by!

MG

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP10 Jan 2018 2:13 p.m. PST

It must be the figure poses…plus the painting skill…plus the photography of tiny miniatures…

But the best 18 mm figs seem to beat 28mm hands down.

How good is the shading of yellow, on that trumpeter, above?

Weep. Too late for me it is…..

Fred Mills11 Jan 2018 5:25 a.m. PST

These are simply terrific. Can I ask your process for the shading – is it colours-over-black, tri-colour shading, or a black wash? The results are brilliant.

Inhaber Jerry12 Jan 2018 8:31 a.m. PST

Hello All,

Thank you for your kind words. @ Deadhead, It is all down to the sculpts. If you water down your paints, and don't clog up the detail you can't really fail.

@Fred Mills.

1. Lay down the darkest blue you can find, I use Dark Prussian Blue.

2. Mix, one part black wash, one part blue wash, one part medium and then apply to the blue areas.

3. Take red, add it to the blue until you get a shade lighter.* Then add one part medium. Now just hit the raised areas of the creases and the top of the arms, always dragging the very thin paint towards where the sun will hit the figure at a 45 degree angle. Build up the intensity of the colour over two glazes, with the second glaze only on the most prominent areas.

*Alternatively, instead of mixing red, purchase Citadel Altaioc Blue.

This system covers all blue uniforms up until ACW.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.