Help support TMP

"French force for Sharp Practice" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

684 hits since 9 Jan 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 3 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

Col Blancard09 Jan 2018 4:06 a.m. PST

Hi all,

I've just finished putting together the core of my French Practice army.

picture

see link

I consider ordering pre 1812 artillery from Brigade Games is that straight forward with customs? (since I live in the UK)

Cheers,

Gregor626209 Jan 2018 5:08 a.m. PST

Nice! I'm sure they will be successful in the field.

Artilleryman09 Jan 2018 5:41 a.m. PST

Nice figures. Regarding artillery, the Brigade Games figures are fine, but relatively expensive by the time they arrive. You would be better off with one of the Victrix sets which give you guns and gunners together. If you are determined to stick with metal, I would recommend the Perry Guard Foot Artillery and do a simple head swop.

Hitman09 Jan 2018 7:57 a.m. PST

Very nice looking figures. They look great. Brush work is very detailed. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman

Col Blancard11 Jan 2018 2:51 a.m. PST

If I order the Victrix artillery box for one gun+crew only, I may as well order from the US :) As for the Perry Guard artillery, they're not their best sculpts and the head conversion is not trivial (where to get the adequate heads in the first place?)

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP11 Jan 2018 9:50 a.m. PST

Interesting, the comment about Perry Guard Artillery. I thought mine were fine (I have examples of them all) but have no qualms about criticising even the Perrys, when deserved (which is not often).

Did you mean the modelling ie proportions and anatomy, or the poses, or the actual casting itself?

The last I do wonder about. I think some moulds do "tire" with time and flash, ejection pins, mould lines, dimples start to creep in.

Col Blancard11 Jan 2018 11:19 a.m. PST

I was thinking about proportions, they are on the stocky side – compared with most of the Napoleonic range.

I'm ok with cleaning miniatures (flash etc) if they're the best on the market ;)

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.