Help support TMP

"post about ACW gaming with regiments versus brigades" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Getting Started with ACW Gaming Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

480 hits since 7 Dec 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Stew art Supporting Member of TMP07 Dec 2017 8:01 a.m. PST

Being somewhat new to ACW gaming myself, I wrote a post discussing the difference between gaming with regiments versus brigades as the maneuver elements.

nothing earth shattering, just something for newer ACW players to read or anyone who likes discussing wargaming and scale.

link

-Stew

paulgenna Supporting Member of TMP07 Dec 2017 8:46 a.m. PST

Stew,

That is a great write-up. I played the original Johnny Reb and loved it so I grabbed F&F a few years before the RFF came out and it did not feel the same. I believe RFF is what I need.

Paul

yarkshire gamer07 Dec 2017 9:03 a.m. PST

Still play JR2, very much prefer the Regimental to the Brigade size rules, I just got a bigger table and more figures and play the Fire and Fury games with regiments !

Regards Ken
yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Stew art Supporting Member of TMP07 Dec 2017 2:01 p.m. PST

thanks for reading and comments!
I've never played JR in any version so I can't comment. I remember being told that you had to swap out the stands with other stands with less figures on it to show casualties, which seemed like a lot of work to model…

and of course, if you have enough players and bases and a big enough table you can totally do huge regimental scenarios. : )

-Stew

Clays Russians08 Dec 2017 9:49 a.m. PST

Regiment regiment regiment

yarkshire gamer08 Dec 2017 11:08 a.m. PST

Sometimes Stu it's just a case of improvising, we stick a small plastic counter behind the unit for each casualty and then take a base of when you reach the right no.

Regards Ken
yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.