Help support TMP

"Renedra Gabions suitable for 1/72?" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

217 hits since 5 Dec 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Neilad05 Dec 2017 3:44 a.m. PST

I think the title says it all. I know gabions would come in many different sizes but would these be too much on the larger side. I can't find any images of them next to figures to get an idea of size and I couldn't see anywhere that posts their dimensions. If anyone has the dimensions that they could post here that would be great.

Griefbringer05 Dec 2017 8:11 a.m. PST

I have those gabions at home, but cannot recall their exact dimensions at the moment – however, my gut feeling is that they might look quite large next to 1/72 figures.

Personal logo sillypoint Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2017 11:29 a.m. PST

But then, you may have have an engineer that tended to over design, which made for happier artillery crew- add 10% to their accuracy. 😜

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Dec 2017 12:41 p.m. PST

Do consider the Peter Pig gabions. straight rows and gun enclosures. They will look good with 1/72nd.

link

100 and 101 in the horse and musket scenery range.

Puster Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2017 2:29 p.m. PST

There were gabions that overtowered a normal infantrist, mainly those used for artillery entrenchments. Take a look at the picture of the Florence siege of 1530 somewhere.

For sieges and prepared positions they will work perfectly as field fortifications.

Griefbringer06 Dec 2017 11:49 p.m. PST

I did dig up my Renedra gabions and measured them. The diameter is 20 mm and the height of main body (not counting the odd wicker rod sticking out on top) is 23 mm. Thus, if you place a normal 1/72 figure behind such gabion, only his hat will be sticking out from behind.

Of course it could be possible to cut them a bit from the bottom if you find them too high, though this might be quite a bit of work. Also notice that the tops of the gabions are flat rather than textured, though glueing some fine sand on the top tends to fix the problem.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.