Help support TMP

"New Battlescale Buildings available in North America" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

Back to the WWII Models Review Message Board

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the American Revolution Message Board

Back to the ACW Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the ACW Discussion Message Board

Back to the 6mm Napoleonics Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the Scale Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

1,781 hits since 15 Nov 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Wargaming Company15 Nov 2017 6:23 a.m. PST

New from Battlescale, now available in North America, various 6mm and 10mm buildings, expertly sculpted and cast, recommended for use with 6, 10, and 15mm figures. Buildings suitable for both Europe and North America for the 18th Century through World War II.

Check em out today!

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

138SquadronRAF Supporting Member of TMP15 Nov 2017 8:37 a.m. PST

Battlescale are great buildings and The Wargames Company gives great customer service.

Rallynow Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2017 9:21 a.m. PST

Wow, free advertising. "Recommended for use 6, 10 and 15mm". Well that is quite a feat!

Cleburne1863 Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2017 3:22 a.m. PST

OK, a building scaled to 6mm is not going to look right with 15mm figures. Unless, of course, you are using 6mm with all your 15mm figures. So if you are trying to match to fit your existing buildings, you can't just make a sweeping statement that it will fit 6, 10, and 15mm.

I'm sure the quality if fine. But how is a customer supposed to know how it matches up with their existing buildings?

The Wargaming Company21 Nov 2017 6:19 a.m. PST

Cleburne1863,

I think there was a bit of misunderstanding, as the image reads, there are two different scales of buildings offered.

Battlescale makes 10mm buildings that work great with 10mm and 15mm figures.

Battlescale also makes 6mm buildings that work well with 6mm and 10mm figures.

The measurements of the buildings are provided both on Battlescale's website and on our own so that people can judge the height appropriateness as well as the general footprint.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

Cleburne1863 Supporting Member of TMP22 Nov 2017 3:02 a.m. PST

Great! Thank you for the clarification. It wasn't clear on the website either when I looked, but I'm glad the measurements are listed somewhere.

The Wargaming Company23 Nov 2017 6:28 a.m. PST

No problem, and we just transitioned our online store yesterday, building scales and the like should be far more clear and easy to sort now!

store.thewargamingcompany.com

Additionally… it is that time of year when holiday sales happy (best to hurry…)!

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

Lee49405 Dec 2017 4:52 p.m. PST

How can a 10mm bulding ever work for 15mm? That's like saying 20mm scenics work great for 28mm. They don't. They look absurdly out of scale. Cheers!

The Wargaming Company05 Dec 2017 7:42 p.m. PST

How can a 10mm bulding ever work for 15mm?

We have a lot of customers who prefer to under-scale their buildings.

While you say that a 10mm scale building will be too short for your 15mm figures, we hear them say a single 15mm building is the footprint of a whole village. Therefore, to each their own!

But, just to ensure that everyone can make an informed choice, the dimensions of the overwhelming majority of the buildings from all the brands and scales we sell are indicating on our web store.

If you're looking for "true" 15mm buildings, we'd recommend checking out those by Saint Paul Irregulars Press, which we also carry.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

Lion in the Stars05 Dec 2017 9:03 p.m. PST

10mm buildings are closer to ground scale than 15mm buildings, unless you actually play at 1"=8 feet groundscale.

And they're not so much smaller that a standing troop is looking into the 2nd story windows!

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2017 10:02 p.m. PST

The very first time I put on an American Revolution game, I noticed that a full regiment in line could hide behind an HO scale barn.
It's that "ground scale/figure scale" thingie, particularly if your figures are at 1:20 ratio.
I'm perfectly willing to use 20mm saltbox Houses, particularly since none are available in 25/28mm. grin

Doing smaller scale games, like 1:1, is the only time I get fussy.

The Wargaming Company06 Dec 2017 6:45 p.m. PST

For point of visual comparison, the sculptor of these buildings has been playing a game using 10mm figures and 6mm buildings that he recently shared some photos of, it looks pretty good…

Not our game, but it is a rather well known one.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.