Help support TMP

"Repairing Elastolin vacuum formed castles" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

374 hits since 14 Nov 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Chgowiz14 Nov 2017 12:57 p.m. PST

Hello!

I have a couple of vacuum form castles – an Elastolin 13383 Ritterburg (from 1983) and a ECO 434000 Camelot.

They both have splits and small holes – age and probably being shipped or stored badly before I got them.

What would you recommend I use to fix them? Any experiences with this sort of plastic material and what works?

Thank you!
Michael – Chgowiz

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Nov 2017 1:17 p.m. PST

If i may suggest.
Wherever there is a split drill a hole at the very end of that split. It will stop the split continuing. Then use tile spacers with a milliput or Duro blob to secure the inside face of the plastic.
You might also try a silicone sealant gun?

good luck

Chgowiz14 Nov 2017 1:18 p.m. PST

@Martin – thank you! What kind of tile spacers? For wall/floor tiles?

Toaster14 Nov 2017 4:58 p.m. PST

If they are a styrene based plastic than standard plastic model glue and putty will work fine. If not you may have to find out what is a solvent for that type of plastic if you want to get a really good bond.

Robert

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP15 Nov 2017 1:14 a.m. PST

I suggest the small plastic cross shape ones used for bathroom or kitchen ceramic tiles. They come in small grids from which you break them off. they are cheap.

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP15 Nov 2017 4:21 a.m. PST

Use superglue

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.