Help support TMP

"Shiban Uharu Corporation" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Scratchbuilding Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

681 hits since 3 Nov 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

zrunelord04 Nov 2017 10:31 a.m. PST

Hello all,
So I finished the GZG Marcs & decided to paint me some Khurasan Gota Clans Infantry ( which I had for ages) , GZG Japanese Power Armour & Brigade Mercs vehicles.

The Gota clans have an oriental vibe to them , so coupled with the Brigade & GZG I decided to do a Japanese Corporation themed force. Still have to paint the vehicles

The Gota minis have some nice detail to them , as is usual for Khurasan ( sometimes I think it is overkill ). I tried a new speed painting system, which works & I finished them in a week or so.
Still have to base them , though. Great minis.

The Brigade Sohei Hy Tank , Shaman Med Tank & Wizard Jeeps are great minis. I don't usually buy multiples of vehicles as I prefer to build my own but if I were to have loads of tanks I would definitely choose the Shaman. Kudos to the designers. Infantry is another thing altogether, I love Infantry.

The other vehicles I would get loads of are AA's Btr260 & 290 Apc's.

I fitted 5mm x 1 magnets on both the Shaman & the Sohei as the turrets, especially the latter one are heavy. I also had to fit a shield ( support ) under the Sohei's gun as it wouldn't stay in place even when I glued it with 5 min Epoxy glue.

I had a spare Sohei hull so I decided to build a large Apc/ Command vehicle. I like the Wizard jeeps design so I decided to build me a grav truck . Not decided whether I will fit the X panels on the side & rear or not.
Tri ply wooden base & card.

Thanks for your comments. Z

castrarunis.blogspot.com.mt/2017/11/shiban-uharu-corporation.html

picture

picture

picture

zrunelord04 Nov 2017 10:31 a.m. PST

Hello all,
So I finished the GZG Marcs & decided to paint me some Khurasan Gota Clans Infantry ( which I had for ages) , GZG Japanese Power Armour & Brigade Mercs vehicles.

The Gota clans have an oriental vibe to them , so coupled with the Brigade & GZG I decided to do a Japanese Corporation themed force. Still have to paint the vehicles

The Gota minis have some nice detail to them , as is usual for Khurasan ( sometimes I think it is overkill ). I tried a new speed painting system, which works & I finished them in a week or so.

The Brigade Sohei Hy Tank , Shaman Med Tank & Wizard Jeeps are great minis. I don't usually buy multiples of vehicles as I prefer to build my own but if I were to have loads of tanks I would definitely choose the Shaman. Kudos to the designers. Infantry is another thing altogether, I love Infantry.

I fitted 5mm x 1 magnets on both the Shaman & the Sohei as the turrets, especially the latter one are heavy. I also had to fit a shield ( support ) under the Sohei's gun as it wouldn't stay in place even when I glued it with 5 min Epoxy glue.

I had a spare Sohei hull so I decided to build a large Apc/ Command vehicle. I like the Wizard jeeps design so I decided to build me a grav truck . Not decided whether I will fit the X panels on the side & rear or not.

picture

picture

picture

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP04 Nov 2017 10:31 a.m. PST

BUG……..

zrunelord04 Nov 2017 10:32 a.m. PST

Hello all,

picture

picture

picture

zrunelord04 Nov 2017 10:35 a.m. PST

You're right Tango…
A big one !!!! it seems ….

Z

Twoball Cane04 Nov 2017 3:41 p.m. PST

So nice you said it thrice ! 🤗

Covert Walrus04 Nov 2017 4:03 p.m. PST

Apart from the repeats, really nice stuff! The C3 vehicle is particularly well put together. dr pepper

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2017 11:52 a.m. PST

Incredible results begin with great vision. Kudos, Z!

Dan

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2017 2:04 p.m. PST

Well obviously not quite right for Napoleonics…let us just say the Bug has been busy today.

So the AFV, obviously a fantasy…but why so? It looks impregnable, but clearly remains a fantasy despite sloped armour, screened suspension (actually hovercraft?) etc.

It is too wide for any European scenario and rail transport. It would be too heavy for most bridges. The armour is either a compromise (all or nothing) or it is an infantry tank and desperately slow, as dictated by the propulsion. No sign of reactive armour. What is the main weapon?

The modelling is of an incredible standard. All I am saying is that AFV design is still, and will always be, a compromise between mobility, armour defence, firepower offence, crew efficiency/comfort, the head-on profile offered, reliability/maintenance and repair and sheer size.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2017 6:19 p.m. PST

Maybe it is Napoleonics after all … for a future Napoleon a hundred years from now. :)

Dan

Patrick Sexton Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2017 9:41 a.m. PST

Very nice work.

Thanks,

Pat

zrunelord09 Nov 2017 3:52 a.m. PST

Thanks all for the praise,glad you like them.
I honestly had nothing to do with the triple posts, the thing has a life of its own !!! :):)

I will post more pics when I paint more.Especially of the GZG Japanese Power Armour guys which are very nice .

Thanks Dan, Imagination & vision are indeed very important when creating stuff. At the moment I'm stuck on the idea of doing hover/jet bikes for them. Sort of a jet ski but with hover skirts to keep in line with the tech
( a slimmer version of the jeep or a hover scooter perhaps ? )

Any help or ideas are welcome.
Thanks
Z

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.