Help support TMP

"Sunken roads " Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

594 hits since 27 Oct 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

charles popp28 Oct 2017 5:46 p.m. PST

Anybody make them in 15mm?

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP29 Oct 2017 5:49 p.m. PST

Just as soon as you tell me how wide a 15mm road is. Geo-Hex made sunken roads and presumably still does.

Ceterman Supporting Member of TMP30 Oct 2017 9:08 a.m. PST

Musket Miniatures made one at one point, may have been listed as 20mm, but it would not matter at all. It was a 6 pc resin set, 2 long banks & 4 end pieces. You just placed them up against both sides of your own road to create a "Sunken road". I have one set of them but always wanted another to add to it as the straight pieces were kinda short, 6" maybe, add the ends to each side & you had about an 8" or so depressed area. I don't know if they are still available now though.

Ceterman Supporting Member of TMP30 Oct 2017 10:33 a.m. PST

BAM! They Still make it!
link
Not really sure if it is still packaged the same, by the looks of it they call it Sunken road – 2 (12 inch) sections for $6.95 USD and Sunken road embankment – 12 inch section for the same price! Not sure of the difference. I'd give em a call.
Peter
board2deathterrain.com

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP03 Nov 2017 1:43 a.m. PST

Thanks for pointing these out,Mr.C! Though I wish they had shown the actual pieces.

There were (and still are!) more "sunken roads" than appear on our tables.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.