Help support TMP

"Hittite army" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

Back to the Ancients Gallery Message Board

590 hits since 27 Oct 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo ochoin Supporting Member of TMP28 Oct 2017 12:46 p.m. PST

The Hittite Empire:

ERROR - no url for link

I think the Bronze Age has a great appeal: who couldn't love chariots?

ERROR - no url for link

The core of the army comes from 'Great Hatti' but there are contingents from the Shasu, Sea Peoples, Mitanni.

ERROR - no url for link

This means the basing is a bit schizoid: both desert & more temperate. They fight both my NKE army (& usually win) & my Mycenaean army (& mostly lose).

ERROR - no url for link

The controversial Shasu scouts are mounted.

I believe their great enemies, the Egyptians, nicknamed the Hittites the "girly-boys" in reference to their long locks. Not very PC but it is a label they wear with pride as they drive over hordes of Egyptian archers.

Personal logo sillypoint Supporting Member of TMP28 Oct 2017 4:29 p.m. PST

Nice work.
Is 13 chariots enough though? 😀

Personal logo ochoin Supporting Member of TMP28 Oct 2017 4:40 p.m. PST

Is 13 chariots enough though?

Yes…..

Like every wargame army, this is a Work-in-progress. I really would like a second spears unit. More chariots are next.

Gone Fishing Supporting Member of TMP28 Oct 2017 4:58 p.m. PST

They look splendid, in spite of being "girly-boys". Chariots really do add something to an ancient army. I'm gearing up to do a Gallic force myself, and have been tempted to shift things to Britannia for just that reason. Thank you for sharing!

JARROVIAN Supporting Member of TMP29 Oct 2017 3:20 a.m. PST

I thought established practice was for Hittite chariots to have three crew? Cavalry shields are about 1000 years too early I think.
But nice army and nice painting

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.