Help support TMP

"Battlegroup Board?" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the TMP Poll Suggestions Message Board

Back to the TMP Talk Message Board

Back to the WWII Rules Message Board

Action Log

27 Oct 2017 4:14 a.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Crossposted to TMP Poll Suggestions board

588 hits since 25 Oct 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

iminay26 Oct 2017 5:01 p.m. PST

I've been wondering for a while now why there is a Bolt Action, Command Decision and Flames of War board, but no board for Battlegroup? It is immensely popular in my local area, and I can only imagine it has a sizable following in the rest of the world as well.

I'm not entirely sure how these boards get decided on however, is this something the admins decide on their own?

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 6:27 p.m. PST

I haven't seen anyone around me play them. Anyway, you make a suggestion for a new board, then Bill asks everyone for their opinion, and then he does whatever he wants.

whitphoto Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 8:29 p.m. PST

I play a lot of Bolt Action. I know one guy who bought a battlegroup game, and hasn't played. But I'm for a board, if only to see some AARs

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 9:05 p.m. PST

You have to propose it in a poll.
Go to TMP Poll Suggestions.
If the poll Suggestion gets enough support, Bill will run an actual poll.
The wording is usually "Woukd you support such a board?"
If it gets 50 positive results, a board will be created. A majority is not needed, just enough support to show ….. support. grin
Good luck.

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 9:07 p.m. PST

I took a shortcut. I hit the [!] button and asked the Editors to crosspost to Poll Suggestions.

But that's the usual way to get a new board.

steamingdave4727 Oct 2017 2:00 a.m. PST

Very active Facebook group for these rules, as well as The Guild forum. Not sure it needs a board on TMP.

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP27 Oct 2017 5:05 a.m. PST

That's the standard objection to all new boards.
The OP wants a TMP board.

Marc at work27 Oct 2017 5:19 a.m. PST

I'm in. Good suggestion

VonBlucher05 Nov 2017 9:53 a.m. PST

Me too, I think adding this board would also give the rules added exposure as you could use your FOW armies in 15mm without rebasing them.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.