Help support TMP

"Do you ever dream about wargaming?" Topic

24 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the TMP Poll Suggestions Message Board

319 hits since 24 Oct 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo DWilliams Supporting Member of TMP25 Oct 2017 6:58 p.m. PST

Have you ever dreamed about wargaming while asleep?

(a) Happens all of the time.
(b) Occasionally.
(c) No, never in my life.
(d) None of your business what I dream about!

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP25 Oct 2017 8:46 p.m. PST

b. Had a vivid one in which I was running a mini con in my large basement.
The house caught on fire,and in true dream logic, no one would leave till they finished their game.

Or maybe that was "true wargamer logic"--anyone remember the year the power got knocked out at the Host? Everyone ran to their cars for flashlights.

Personal logo sillypoint Supporting Member of TMP25 Oct 2017 9:17 p.m. PST

B) just as stressful at times, and I'm often losing. 😜

ZULUPAUL Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 1:22 a.m. PST

Occasionally, I even roll badly in my dreams.

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 2:33 a.m. PST

(b)

FusilierDan Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 2:52 a.m. PST

(b) Not wargaming per say but I have a reoccuring dream where I find Aifix sets for all the periods and units I've ever wanted.

Joes Shop Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 4:05 a.m. PST

B.

Personal logo etotheipi Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 4:55 a.m. PST

Sleeping – B. I occasionally dream. When I do it is occasionally about wargaming. Usually I forgot to prep for the scenario I am running and am in my underwear.

Daydreaming in Boring Meetings – A.

USAFpilot26 Oct 2017 6:40 a.m. PST

B. It usually involves deciding which tactics to use in a specific situation. It's as if my brain as I'm sleeping is calculating the various probabilities of success and measuring in all the variables.

Eclectic Wave26 Oct 2017 6:57 a.m. PST

B – My dreams always are about games that don't exist. Just last night I dreamed of a Battle star Galactica Fleet star ship game using counters…

Oberlindes Sol LIC Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 7:17 a.m. PST

Not that I recall.

Personal logo Patrick R Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 9:56 a.m. PST

I've had a few wargaming related dreams, but one of the more common ones involves attending a con or more specifically desperately trying to attend one.

It's either been merged with another unrelated event so I have to search for the actual, but well-hidden wargaming part. Or I'm desperately late and people are starting to pack. Sometimes I'm trying to find my way around the place and I'm sidetracked by something.

In my last dream the con was happening in some kind of mall, and before I knew it I was stuck on a train which left me in a rather nice modern station, but a huge distance from the con …

Mister Tibbles26 Oct 2017 10:00 a.m. PST

No, but I have dreamed of electric sheep.

skedaddle Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 10:28 a.m. PST

b

Personal logo Parzival Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 10:39 a.m. PST

B. Varies from the discovery of rare and super cheap games or miniatures I've always wanted, to attending or trying to attend a gaming event.

RudyNelson26 Oct 2017 11:17 a.m. PST

B, I am in a vast vendor set up and I do not have enough money to buy what I want.

basileus6626 Oct 2017 1:26 p.m. PST

No, never. I've dreamt often about having all my armies painted and ready to play, though. Usually, while awake.

Personal logo Black Cavalier Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 2:47 p.m. PST

B, but not directly about playing a war game.

My wargaming dreams about going to a hobby store and finding a cache of old very valuable, usually GW, figures that I can buy for a steal and sell for a huge profit to co tinge to fund my gaming. I've had this dream in some form or another twice, and be very disappointed both times when I woke up.

rmaker26 Oct 2017 3:25 p.m. PST

b

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2017 3:38 p.m. PST

Rudy's dream is my reality.

Personal logo Chuckaroobob Supporting Member of TMP28 Oct 2017 9:13 a.m. PST

C. No excitement here.

Personal logo x42brown Supporting Member of TMP28 Oct 2017 11:13 a.m. PST

I seldom remember my dreams to know if I do or not.

x42

dejvid07 Nov 2017 1:53 a.m. PST

occasionally playing the game, occasionally some of my fellow players appear in non wargaming situations. The games are sort of playable as long as you allow for the usual chaos of dreams

Legion 407 Nov 2017 6:19 a.m. PST

Only if Sophia Vargera was the gaming board … huh? wink Would I dream about wargaming … evil grin

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.