Help support TMP

"SELWG 2017...yes, another show report!" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

461 hits since 23 Oct 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

BigLee24 Oct 2017 6:41 a.m. PST

I'm a bit late in sharing this but the missus has been keeping me busy! I went to SELWG on Sunday and had a great time. I always enjoy this event and this year I thought the quality of the demo/participation games was very high. Unlike some of the larger shows (which I hasten to add, I also enjoy) this is just the right size to see some good tables, indulge in some shopping and all with time to spare for a participation game.

My full show report can be seen here SELWG Show Report

]picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

Many more pictures and a full description can be found on my blog here SELWG 2017

BigLee
blmablog.com

dusty 56224 Oct 2017 7:09 a.m. PST

Nice day out meet up with some old friends

IronDuke596 Supporting Member of TMP24 Oct 2017 8:47 a.m. PST

Great photos. Thanks for sharing them.

clifblkskull Supporting Member of TMP24 Oct 2017 8:05 p.m. PST

Very good report and pics Big Lee
Thanks so much
Clif

Durban Gamer25 Oct 2017 4:07 a.m. PST

Thanks for sharing some of the buzz with those of us too far away!

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP25 Oct 2017 6:17 a.m. PST

Another thanks for sharing, loved that Vauban fort and some great looking Spanish buildings on the Peter Pig table. Those club names threw me off a few times, I spent a few minutes trying to figure out if there really was a unit of Anti-Alchemists fighting in the Texas War for Independence!

And it does hurt a bit that the trading area of a medium sized show equals the trading area of every wargames convention in Canada combined! :-)

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.