Help support TMP

"domsdecals - when did you last hear from dom?" Topic

16 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Aviation Discussion Message Board

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

Action Log

17 Oct 2017 2:17 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from Painting board
  • Removed from Hobby Industry board
  • Crossposted to Consumer Affairs board

1,360 hits since 16 Oct 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

AC196317 Oct 2017 2:05 p.m. PST

Hi,

Have ordered from domsdecals before so I am aware that it is run as a sideline, that it is not quick (my previous orders took around 3 week or so) and that he is not good at answering emails or the telephone.

However, I recently placed an order and made a mistake which I would like to correct. No luck in trying to contact him and after looking into it have read on hear that his backlog is getting worse, maybe as much as 5 months.

Has anyone had any contact recently, email/telephone or received an order – if so when was that and how long did your order take.

Quite frustrating, feeling my only recourse is to contact him is to raise a PayPal dispute – I don't want to – but it may be the only option.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian17 Oct 2017 2:19 p.m. PST

I haven't seem him on TMP in a few weeks, hope he is fine.

Personal logo piper909 Supporting Member of TMP17 Oct 2017 6:28 p.m. PST

The Banana Man!

Yes, hope that all is well. Just a nice little holiday or the like.

AC196317 Oct 2017 10:38 p.m. PST

I hope so too, his products are great.

But it is so frustrating when all you want to do is to correct an order but there is no apparent way of doing that or contacting him.

Also, whilst I don't mind waiting I'm a bit concerned of reports of 5 month wait times.

Personal logo Doms Decals Sponsoring Member of TMP17 Oct 2017 10:47 p.m. PST

Sorry I'm seriously all over the place at the moment – spectacular overdose of real life for a good few months left me badly backlogged, and just as I was starting to catch up I rather ruined things by starting a new day job, which has had me on 6 day weeks a fair bit, and left me with serious free time issues. I'm still going, and slowly denting the backlog, but it's certainly substantial at the moment, sorry.

With regards to your order, I can't see anything in my inbox from you, although I have an order in a different name (NH) that seems to fit your description – have received several emails from that one, and replied twice. Assuming NH is you, yes I'm still going, have received your order, and will invoice for the extra when it's all printed and ready to post – at the moment I'd have to guess that's as likely to be early next month as later this month unfortunately. If you'd prefer refunding just let me know.

AC196318 Oct 2017 12:46 a.m. PST

Thanks Dom,

Yes that is my order. So you zwill invoice me for the extra when printed – n happy to pay now if you want.

Next month would be great, better than I was expecting.

If you have replied to my emails then I'm afraid that they are not getting through.

Emilio30 Oct 2017 2:33 p.m. PST

Hi Dom

My order payed in July is still missing. I already sent you several emails. Hope that you saw them.

Bytheway, nice that you are ok.

Emilio.

JOACHIM PAX08 Nov 2017 4:07 a.m. PST

Hi Dom, I also placed a small order on the 20th of September and despite many e-mails from different addresses, I never had any reply from you. (Argentinian roundels and two Tumbling Dice aircraft packs) #5735
Glad to hear that you're OK and just wondering when I can expect to get it?
Antoine

acctingman186908 Nov 2017 6:25 a.m. PST

So, I'm in the need of some decals and it sounds like Dom is MIA or months behind. Not going that route.

Are there alternatives?

Personal logo Blackhorse MP Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2017 8:20 a.m. PST

Beware. I'm still awaiting decals ordered back on 13 August.

Sent multiple emails which went unanswered until I mentioned a disgruntled thread here on TMP.

Dom, if you're around, how about the status of order #5640?

acctingman186908 Nov 2017 9:53 a.m. PST

Thanks for the heads up.

Feel for those waiting.

FlightDeckDecals2400 Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2017 7:41 p.m. PST

acctingman1869, What type of decals are you looking for?

mysteron Supporting Member of TMP17 Nov 2017 4:30 a.m. PST

Bumped

scouts19508a17 Nov 2017 12:04 p.m. PST

If you're in the US I-94 Enterprises
or MSD Games

I-94enterprises.com

msdgames.com

I've had great service from both vendors.
Jim

By John 5419 Nov 2017 2:31 p.m. PST

I've had an order in since beginning of July, only a small order, but, to be honest, I've kinda given up on ever seeing it.
It's sad if Dom has some 'real life' issues going on, but even if I ever see my order, Would I use Doms service again? I like to use the smaller manufactures, as, aside from the big companies, a lot of this hobby is serviced from smaller vendors as well. But, where is the cut off? I want to support Dom, even with my tiny order, but wheres the line where I say 'b*llox to it', and order from a big, faceless corporation(!) where I know I'll get my order.

John

mysteron Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2017 1:53 a.m. PST

It would be good if Dom could post a regular update as to where he is, as regards clearing his backlog. Unfortunately this time I have had to get my German DAK decals from another source as I need to apply these at a very early stage in the painting process and therefore don't want to be waiting too long for them .

A regular update would, I think restore some confidence as I have had very good service from Dom in the past and hopefully the status quo will be resumed in the future.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.