Help support TMP

"Aotrs Shipyards October 2017 Release T-80U (144)" Topic

1 Post

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 3D Printing Message Board

Back to the Cold War (1946-1989) Message Board

Back to the Modern Discussion (1946 to 2006) Message Board

258 hits since 12 Oct 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Aotrs Commander13 Oct 2017 4:44 a.m. PST

Aotrs Shipyards is a webstore on Shapeways.com, a 3D print house which had production and shipping facilities located in the USA and the Netherlands.

This month, we have the somewhat long-awaited T-80U in 144th!

T-80U

link

Photo is of the Replicator 2 prototype. As is usual for an ERA model, the print quality is not great (I haven't had chance to get one done in WSF or something yet), but I always feel it better to give you a photo, rather than a render, if I can! (The webshop automatically generates renders better than I do anyway.)

I did look at doing the T-80UD, but while I did find some technical drawing, I haven't found any walkarounds or even model kit images to be able to work from (and, like the T-80U, these variants have to be done more by eye than not). So that's on the back-burner.

Next month will be the BDRM-2 (possibly with some alternate variants, depends how I get on!) Particularly chosen because I had done about 66% of the job with the Sci-Soviet BDRM-22 Marzanna yonks ago it was thus less work to bring it up to scratch (the Marzanna being the second model I ever attempted to do even partly from real vehicles) and I'm trying to do a few quicker things to build my backlog up a bit while still making the monthly releases. (Plus, my list of Things People Have Asked For has turned out to have quite a few entries not feasible simply due to lack of suitable source material (several of them have no suitable technical drawings or even technical drawings at all.)

As always, I'm open to suggestions.

One thing I am considering (and at the moment, it is only idle consideration, I need to do some more starships first!) for my next sci-ground force is a homage to Command & Conquer Generals GLA which among other things, would include technicals. I could easily kill two birds with one stone and do modern version to base the sci-fi ones on… But what I don't know is what sort of common trucks are used, so I would welcome some ideas on that front too!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.