Help support TMP

"Casablanca in 28mm" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Pulp Gaming Message Board

Back to the Crowdfunding Message Board

823 hits since 6 Oct 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP07 Oct 2017 2:39 p.m. PST

After releasing the main set of the movie Casablanca in 28mm, Sally4th launches a Kiki campaign to fund the pulp miniatures compatible with this range.

picture

Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

Personal logo Murphy Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Oct 2017 6:27 p.m. PST

While I like Sally 4th's buildings, I'm going to have to say that the sculpting on these figs are awful. The Lady has a schnozz so big on her she looks like Jimmy Durante in a skirt!!!!

bandit86 Supporting Member of TMP07 Oct 2017 10:33 p.m. PST

Have to agree Murphy Casablanca is my all time favorite movie but this does nothing for me.

23rdFusilier Supporting Member of TMP08 Oct 2017 3:54 a.m. PST

Very sad….I have to agree very poor castings and nothing like the movie characters.

robertg08 Oct 2017 3:59 a.m. PST

Yes, the figures from this Kickstarter are crap. Not even a passable likeness to the characters they are supposed to represent, really dreadful.

I just hope that having these on the market does not stop someone else commissioning figures for these characters from someone who can actually sculpt human anatomy and likeness.
Compare these to the Movie Monster figures that Studio did for their last Kickstarter to see just how awful this lot are.

Shagnasty Supporting Member of TMP08 Oct 2017 6:12 a.m. PST

Ditto all of the above. Very disappointing.

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP08 Oct 2017 6:27 a.m. PST

The Lady has a schnozz so big on her she looks like Jimmy Durante in a skirt!!!!

Wait – she's not?? I guess we can't win them all…

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP08 Oct 2017 6:53 a.m. PST

picture

Personal logo The Virtual Armchair General Sponsoring Member of TMP09 Oct 2017 7:26 p.m. PST

Oh, c'mon, Gents!

No, none of the sculpts are see can be called "portraits" of the principal characters, and such would have been ideal.

But there are plenty of other Pulp figures out there that also leave room for improvement, and these would work perfectly well for most game uses.

After all, we don't ALWAYS have Casablanca for our Pulp games, and foreign uniformed cops give our story lines more possibilities.

There's no reason not to buy any of these figures for all the other uses they can serve.

And, "No!," I'm not the sculptor.

TVAG

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP12 Oct 2017 11:45 a.m. PST

Ditto to all the critiques. Most of these characters are already available from Pulp Figures (and others). My rendition of the " American" is here, upper left armed and unarmed.

picture

I buy practically every pulp civilian figure available but I will not be getting these.

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP19 Oct 2017 11:39 a.m. PST

sorry about the inversion. No idea how that happened. Refer to figure bottom right :) or try opening image in new window.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.