Help support TMP

"Polish Vistula Legion" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

608 hits since 13 Sep 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP13 Sep 2017 4:02 p.m. PST

From Warlord…

picture

Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

setsuko14 Sep 2017 3:59 a.m. PST

Are these the same ones as they had before, or are they new?

I remember someone posting about wether or not they had accurate uniforms, I'd love to hear more about that since I got this set as a part of a second hand lot some months ago.

davbenbak Supporting Member of TMP14 Sep 2017 6:34 a.m. PST

It sounds like when it comes to the Poles there are no rules. Some may have worn shakos, some may have worn French uniforms, some with bear skins, some with knee high gaiters…or a mix. Seems they wore whatever was available or passed out at the time. Personally I like idealized parade dress so they are easily recognizable from other French units which is far from realistic or historically accurate. But that's just me and it's not my place to criticize anyone else's tastes.

cmooney7814 Sep 2017 11:10 a.m. PST

This looks like a repackaging of their previous Vistula Legion. The old box had 36 figures, this seems to have 24 as is their new standard for infantry. Has anyone seen the Polish Lancers that were shown in the newsletter back in July? Caliver Books has them available in their shop but they don't have any product photos yet.

Osage201714 Sep 2017 3:03 p.m. PST

BEAUTIFUL !

Pete Fry14 Sep 2017 4:35 p.m. PST

I personally like Warlord but it helps to know what you're getting. In this case it looks like French line infantry sprues, some Polish Vistula metal heads and some metal Vistula command figures. One of the criticisms of the line infantry sprue is not enough elites (wrong ratio) and it can be troublesome gluing metal heads to plastic bodies. Looks like a nice set.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP14 Sep 2017 11:08 p.m. PST

Glad you like them my friend!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

setsuko15 Sep 2017 12:06 a.m. PST

Pete: True. But I also have a lot of French infantrymen in various boxes, so it's a bit tempting to just buy more loose heads and get a more suitable (and larger!) force.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.