Help support TMP

"SAS Origins: A Secret History" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

410 hits since 9 Sep 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Hornswoggler10 Sep 2017 6:25 p.m. PST

Just finished watching this 3 part doco on free-to-air TV (SBS Aust) and I thought it was really excellent.

I think it is still available for free streaming:
sbs(dot)com(dot)au/ondemand/

stephen m11 Sep 2017 1:34 p.m. PST

OZ only. Don't waste your time.

Hornswoggler11 Sep 2017 7:48 p.m. PST

OZ only. Don't waste your time.

Hmmm, I don't think the fact it was on in Australia was somehow concealed.

Anyway, as I said, an excellent series if you get a chance to see it …where ever that may be.

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP12 Sep 2017 12:17 p.m. PST

So I found the site, even though hornswogger tried to make it difficult by not putting in the periods. Is there a need to make a public site secret?

There are lots of very interesting movies and TV shows. I could not find the link to the SAS episodes.

So I registered, and then tried to download a couple of things. But they're very proprietary down there. They discriminate against people not from Australia. I could not download the films I wanted.

stephen m12 Sep 2017 3:05 p.m. PST

That is what I meant. Looks cool but….

Thank you for the link anyways. I hope you "southerners" enjoy.

Stephen

Hornswoggler12 Sep 2017 10:12 p.m. PST

But they're very proprietary down there. They discriminate against people not from Australia.

@Bob,

I think you will find that in most countries, free streaming services like catch up TV will have some form of geo blocking. This can usually be bypassed with little effort but discussing how would be well outside the scope of this forum… ;o)

deephorse13 Sep 2017 1:41 p.m. PST

Sounds like the BBC three-parter that was shown some months ago, though I can't be sure because I can't see it!

If so, it was pretty good. There was a lot there that I didn't know.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.