Help support TMP

"Amazon’s ‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series Is Back in Development" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Media Message Board

457 hits since 18 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP In the TMP Dawghouse18 Aug 2017 10:39 p.m. PST

"The idea of a Galaxy Quest TV series has been around for awhile, and nearly came to fruition a few years ago before Alan Rickman‘s unfortunate passing in 2016. At the time, the movie's screenwriter Robert Gordon was heading up the revival, but THR is reporting that Paul Scheer (The League) will be taking over those duties for this new iteration of the beloved film over.

What exactly the Amazon series will cover is still in question, though. Since production was halted after Rickman's death, it seems like there was some idea to bring back the original cast, including Sigourney Weaver, Tim Allen, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, Daryl Mitchell and Enrico Colantoni. Rockwell said in 2016 that…"
Main page

link
I loved!!

Amicalement
Armand

Dynaman878919 Aug 2017 4:49 a.m. PST

They could make the TV series about a show, based on a movie, based on making fun of an old show…

Dave Jackson Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2017 5:28 a.m. PST

They should leave well enough alone.this is a terrible idea.

Legends In Time Skip Sponsoring Member of TMP19 Aug 2017 5:54 a.m. PST

I really liked the Movie but I agree… it would not transfer well to a TV series.

JMcCarroll19 Aug 2017 6:43 a.m. PST

"They could make the TV series about a show, based on a movie, based on making fun of an old show…" and it will be better than 95% of the shows on TV now!

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP In the TMP Dawghouse19 Aug 2017 11:00 a.m. PST

Totally Agree!!! (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

Covert Walrus19 Aug 2017 1:39 p.m. PST

I guess all the hype over McFarlane's "The Orville" has made this viable again.

Frankly, a space exploration show – funny, pointedly satirical or otherwise – might be a damn good thing right about now. Getting sick of "The Android Housewives of Schenectady", "The Fuhrers Of Flipping" or "Find It, Fix it, Flog It, F$#% It" shows myself.

( Though the Restoration of old machinery programs and "Surrealist Reality Shows" like "Hollywood Darlings" actually amuse me. Yes, I'm a complex entity . . . )

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2017 2:40 p.m. PST

I think Dave and Legends are right. You can take a straight adventure movie and do it on TV every week, but 22 episodes of TV actors growing into the roles they play? Especially when the process was pretty well complete by the end of the movie? No.

I pulled the plug almost 20 years ago and haven't regretted it. When I want TV I play a DVD of something I know didn't end on a cliffhanger.

Dynaman878919 Aug 2017 2:57 p.m. PST

> but 22 episodes of TV actors growing into the roles they play?

These days that would be closer to 10 episodes.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.