Help support TMP

"Joan of Arc" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Gallery Message Board

Back to the Medieval Gallery Message Board

818 hits since 9 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango0110 Aug 2017 2:46 p.m. PST

Nice job!

picture

Main page
coolminiornot.com/416273

Amicalement
Armand

Shagnasty Supporting Member of TMP10 Aug 2017 3:49 p.m. PST

While i am not a big fan of Joan, this makes her look ridiculous.

ZULUPAUL Supporting Member of TMP10 Aug 2017 4:19 p.m. PST

Not Joan of Arc at all

Personal logo Cyrus the Great Supporting Member of TMP10 Aug 2017 4:57 p.m. PST

Not sure, the candles are still unlit!

Brian Smaller10 Aug 2017 5:51 p.m. PST

Talk about a waspish waist.

Choctaw11 Aug 2017 11:55 a.m. PST

Well, what does a "fantasy" Joan look like then?

Perris070711 Aug 2017 4:23 p.m. PST

Exactly how I pictured her.

Der Krieg Geist Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member11 Aug 2017 4:44 p.m. PST

they forgot to put her machine pistol in the other hand….. :)

Personal logo piper909 Supporting Member of TMP11 Aug 2017 7:33 p.m. PST

I would like to know why this display piece was titled "Joan of Arc" in the first place, since it has nothing at all to do with Joan of Arc as far as I can tell apart from 1) being a female, and 2) in medieval-ish armor.

I wish lazy fantasy enthusiasts would stop with the "Joan of Arc" labeling when they obviously know nothing about the historical figure apart from the name and the "image." Jump off that bandwagon already!

I am entitled to be crankypants because Joan is my confirmation saint, and she's endlessly slagged in the media and pop culture.

Atomic Floozy13 Aug 2017 3:09 p.m. PST

It's actually a science fiction piece from the Infinity game. One of the factions has clones that have been genetically altered with the attributes of historical warriors. Joan of Arc is one & is the free figure when you purchase the Painting Miniatures Book from A to Z.

Why is the piece is called Joan of Arc, because that's what Corvus Belli named the figure.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.