Help support TMP

"Who makes 28mm Sci-fi vehicles." Topic

19 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 28mm Sci-Fi Message Board

843 hits since 6 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP06 Aug 2017 7:42 p.m. PST

I know this is a repeating topic, but as new companies are started and old ones fade into memory, I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.

And go!

Lion in the Stars06 Aug 2017 7:43 p.m. PST

Let's start with Antenociti's Workshop (and the 1000lb gorilla in the room, Games Workshop)

Personal logo Chuckaroobob Supporting Member of TMP06 Aug 2017 8:46 p.m. PST

Kryomek vehicles are pretty cool. I think the website is kryomekUSA.

Dwindling Gravitas Inactive Member06 Aug 2017 9:49 p.m. PST

Kryomek was sold to Scotia Grendel some time ago. Thier stuff's listed on link

No offence meant, but the vehicles don't look so good tbh. They have some nice figure ranges though.

Khurasan does some nice 28mm vehicles, including a not- Aliens APC – My fave's the Polecat – really nice big & chunky size:
link

Puppetswar have quite a few (I have the Taurus x2 and love it):
link

Is there anything specific you're looking for Moe? Armour? Softskin? Civilian? Human? Alien?

Dwindling Gravitas Inactive Member06 Aug 2017 9:53 p.m. PST

Also Dreamforge for that Jin-Roh / Wolf Brigae look:
link

Dwindling Gravitas Inactive Member06 Aug 2017 9:59 p.m. PST

If you don't mind building kits, Bandai have a fantastic armoured hover track (quad fan, not plenum), a huge twin-barrel MBT and a small hover bike. Might be difficult to get in the West mind…

And sorry for the multiple posts … board won't let me edit stuff as I think of it for some reason…

surdu2005 Sponsoring Member of TMP06 Aug 2017 10:40 p.m. PST

Pig Iron make some nice vehicles.

tnjrp06 Aug 2017 10:46 p.m. PST

Mantic has been bringing out some hard plastic vehicles for their Warpath game:
link

There's more in the pipeline that they haven't managed to get production running on yet after their W-path KS. Styling tends to be on the "gritty" side.

As to more hard plastic options, Tehnolog from Russia has produced several different cheap vehicle kits that aren't necessarily *actually* 28mm but can easily work as such with little or no conversion. They are often a little toyish and their availability is not very consistent in the western world but they do pop up @ eBay at least. Look for "Robogear" and "Bronekorpus".

If you are willing to switch to resin, Antenociti is an obvious choice especially if you desire a sleeker high tech look:
https://www.antenocitisworkshop.com

They have a related KS project running currently as well:
TMP link

Insomniac07 Aug 2017 2:16 a.m. PST

Old Crow Productions make 25mm vehicles but the site is quiet. You have to email him if you want to buy anything. His site (with contact information) is here:

oldcrowmodels.co.uk

The list of products and (probably out of date) prices is here (from the way back machine):

link

Jez is a nice bloke to deal with and his products are very good quality… but he casts everything to order so there can be a six week wait.

Insomniac07 Aug 2017 2:22 a.m. PST

Anvil industries has this:

link

Mad Robot has this:

link

Victoria Miniatures have these:

link

link

Prodos games has lots in their Warzone and Aliens ranges (examples):

link

link

link

nvdoyle07 Aug 2017 4:36 a.m. PST

Daemonscape produces the old GZG 25-8mm resin vehicles. Several gems in there, esp. for 'near future/gritty tech'.

link

And once upon a time, there was a company called DLD…

Dwindling Gravitas Inactive Member07 Aug 2017 5:26 a.m. PST

Almost forgot Clear Horizon, especially their Nemesis LSV:
link

Insomniac07 Aug 2017 10:47 a.m. PST

The Kryomek stuff, isn't the only kind of vehicles available from Scotia Grendel…

Grendel Sci-Fi:

link

Void:

link

link

(Amongst others).

gamershs07 Aug 2017 2:13 p.m. PST

It is an oldie but still has nice vehicles. The Starguard miniatures carried by Reviresco:
tin-soldier.com/sgvehicles.html

As far as I know this is the oldest line of 28mm (25mm?) Sci-Fi miniatures made.

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP07 Aug 2017 6:46 p.m. PST

Lots of ones I didn't know… thanks! And I did make another Old Crow ore beat the quality and price.

GypsyComet07 Aug 2017 10:11 p.m. PST

The Starguard line and the Kryomek stuff will be more 25mm instead of the beefy 28mm asked for.

For feats of MDF engineering, you can also look at CNC Workshop.
link

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP08 Aug 2017 5:56 a.m. PST

Does anyone own a Nemesis from Clear Horizon? I'm curious of the size.

Dwindling Gravitas Inactive Member08 Aug 2017 6:44 p.m. PST

I don't, but Dwartist does – here's a Nemesis with a Hasslefree mini for scale comparison:

Dwartist's painting blog: link

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP09 Aug 2017 6:08 p.m. PST

Thank you.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.