Help support TMP

"Pictures of some Perry Agincourt knights" Topic

2 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Medieval Gallery Message Board

Back to the Painting Message Board

585 hits since 1 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Captain Sensible Inactive Member01 Aug 2017 8:33 a.m. PST

I picked up a set of Perry Agincourt knights at Salute earlier this year and proceeded to paint them up in my usual style which is to base paint (dry brushing over black on the armour), 2 Foundry dry brushed highlights and then a wash. When I came to the ones that had bright coloured coats over their armour, I thought the nuln oil wash would darken them down too much so I held off (other than on the base which I dry brushed afterwards). I'm rethinking the amount of washing I do in general because I'm pretty happy with how these turned out. I included some of the earlier washed ones next to unwashed in two of the pictures so you can see the difference. The other things I learned painting these are that painting the chainmail raised areas normally as opposed to dry brushing gives a much better affect and it is worth spending some time on the basing. Most of the basing materials are from Army Painter which I also really like. I'm an intermediate painter and used all the tricks on these. If you like what you see, you don't need to be a great painter to get there. Thanks for looking and please share any tips.

link

Mick in Switzerland Supporting Member of TMP01 Aug 2017 9:23 a.m. PST

They look good – well done

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.