Help support TMP

"Fenian Raids, Fenian regiments?" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in Canada Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

439 hits since 30 Jul 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Glengarry530 Jul 2017 6:39 p.m. PST

Hello. I'm just wrapping up the Fenian regiments that were at the battle of Ridgeway, the 13th Nashville, 7th Buffalo, 7th Louisville, 18th Cleveland Rangers, 19th Cincinnati and the company of Louisiana Tigers and I was wondering if there were any other "named" Fenian regiments that existed at some point and what is know of any uniforms they might've worn?
Thanks.

jurgenation Supporting Member of TMP30 Jul 2017 8:11 p.m. PST

Uniforms were mix of old union and civilian garments,,some in the second Fenian rebellion even had green piped yellow ..but was not the norm.As far as the names you have it for the first as the other brigades never crossed over successfullyl,I have been getting ready to paint Canadian units. I am just going to touch up paint some extra Pennslyvannia unions I had w/blue coats and grey paints for my Fenians.

Prince Alberts Revenge31 Jul 2017 4:18 a.m. PST

It's been a while but Vronsky's book on Ridgeway gives some details of the regiments there and some bits of information of "uniforms" within the regiments. I will have to check out what he mentions when I return from work.

nevinsrip Sponsoring Member of TMP31 Jul 2017 7:22 a.m. PST

Get a hold of Ken Cliffe at "All the King Men"

link

Ken is a displaced Cannuck, who is big into Fenian raids and makes figures for them. Great guy with a cool company.

Known him for years, since before he started ATKM. He's an excellent painter and converter. Very friendly!!

Also try "With McDuff on the Web". Ross MacFarlane's site that features lots of great info.
Ross and Ken are the two to know.

I think that they had a Yahoo Fenian's Raid page. Dunno if it's still up.

Glengarry531 Jul 2017 9:38 p.m. PST

Prince Albert
Thanks but I have Vronsky's book and am basing my Fenian's on it. What I was wondering if there were other named Fenian regiments that weren't at Ridgeway.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.