Help support TMP

"Iran Warns The U.S. To Remove Their Bases 1000 Kilometres" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ultramodern Warfare (2006-present) Message Board

663 hits since 24 Jul 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango0124 Jul 2017 11:53 a.m. PST

…. Away From The Region.

"The warning was reportedly made in response to new US sanctions over Iran's ballistic missile programme.

The leader of Iran's Revolutionary Guard has warned the US to move its military bases from within 1,000km of the country.

Mohammad Ali Jafari is said to have made the remarks in response to new US sanctions over Iran's ballistic missile programme.

"If the United States wants to pursue sanctions against Iran's defences and the Guards, then it has to move its regional bases to a distance of about 1,000 km (620 miles) around Iran," he was quoted as saying by state TV…"
Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP24 Jul 2017 3:11 p.m. PST

Lol. So now they think they have ownership of all that foreign territory? Who do they think they are, China? :)

TMP link

Iran still thinks people will take them seriously when they issue ridiculous demands of that sort?

They remind me of the forever-angry and annoying little cartoon chicken hawk:

link

Dan
https://vimeo.com/34397126

picture

picture

picture

Pythagoras24 Jul 2017 6:12 p.m. PST

The politics of today. Foam at the mouth to the media about any absurd thing you can think of.

Lion in the Stars24 Jul 2017 6:51 p.m. PST

The Ayatollahs need to jerk the chain of the Revolutionary Guard, dropping missiles onto foreign soil is an act of war. I'm pretty sure the Ayatollahs don't want to start that fight.

SouthernPhantom24 Jul 2017 7:38 p.m. PST

A 1000-kilometer buffer zone won't protect Iranian strategic sites from B-2s on 24-hour missions from Missouri. They are playing a very dangerous, and very stupid, game.

Tango0125 Jul 2017 10:46 a.m. PST

(smile)

Amicalement
Armand

Dwindling Gravitas Inactive Member25 Jul 2017 3:25 p.m. PST

You guys (excl. LitS … I have no idea where you're from :-) ) seem to really have it in for Iran … Mind if I ask why? :-)

Personal logo Great War Ace Supporting Member of TMP25 Jul 2017 5:37 p.m. PST

Iran twits the US every so often. Remember the kidnapping during Carter's administration? Followed by the Iran/Iraq war, with "our boy" Saddam versus the Iranians backed by the Russians. The Iranians hate being a pawn, as well they should. If Iraq doesn't get its act together, it will fall to Iran for all intents and purposes. With the US removing all bases that far away, there could be no presence in Iraq. So yes, the US cares what Iran plans to do. Taking fresh courage from N Korea's bellicosity, Iran believes that it too can indulge in a missile program upgrade. Neither country is going to get away with it, is my prediction.

VCarter Supporting Member of TMP26 Jul 2017 8:15 a.m. PST

I would add their repeated threats to wipe Israel from the face of the earth with nuclear weapons to the list of reasons Americans take a dim view of Iran's current leadership.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.