Help support TMP

"15mm Waterloo Allied army" Topic

15 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Wargaming in Australia Message Board

Back to the Painting Services Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

1,248 hits since 30 Jun 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Gunner Dunbar Supporting Member of TMP30 Jun 2017 7:45 p.m. PST

Hi guys

Finished a large 15mm Waterloo Allied army on commission, all figs are AB, all comments welcome.
dan.dunbar@hotmail.com
Loads more pics here
link

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

custosarmorum Supporting Member of TMP30 Jun 2017 9:49 p.m. PST

Impressive work as always, Dan!

Personal logo PzGeneral Supporting Member of TMP01 Jul 2017 2:14 a.m. PST

WOW!! Those are 15s??!!

Dr Jeckyll Supporting Member of TMP01 Jul 2017 3:23 a.m. PST

Top notch work Sir!!! Fantastic….

paulgenna Supporting Member of TMP01 Jul 2017 7:14 a.m. PST

Fantastic job

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP01 Jul 2017 7:40 a.m. PST

Worth going to the loads more pics….brilliant

My favourites, the Netherlands HA, with Nassau grenadiers a close second.

AB are brilliant too. The duo carrying the wounded officer. We'll forgive the Peninsula "shako" and bicorne look on some…they must be 28th, before they adopted the new badge.

No! Just went back as it dawned on me that maybe……….

Silly me. The yellow sash……Hanoverians! Nice one!!!!

Hard to believe these are 15/18mm. Congratulations…..

wrgmr101 Jul 2017 8:20 a.m. PST

Beautiful work Dan!
My favourite are thec18th Hussars, painting Vandyke on 15's! Then tartan on the 92nd!

Dorsenne Supporting Member of TMP01 Jul 2017 1:11 p.m. PST

Fantastic work, compliments Dan

Ember52 Supporting Member of TMP04 Jul 2017 8:10 p.m. PST

Excellent job!!! Love the Nassau grenadiers and Higblanders, especially. AN 18's are fabulous figures and you did them justice!

Scott

Rallynow Supporting Member of TMP08 Jul 2017 7:31 p.m. PST

WOW!! Those are 15s??!!

No, they are 18mm. Very nice work too.

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP09 Jul 2017 5:22 a.m. PST

I tend to call these 15/18mm. Just as some ranges are true 25mm, some very much 25/28mm in-betweeners….and some of the 28mm are very stocky chaps who would mix well with 30mm ranges!

It is the superb proportions in this small scale that impress me. In larger scales, truly, size does not matter, but wrists that hang below one's knees and upper arms wider than thighs are what does annoy me.

Gunner Dunbar Supporting Member of TMP09 Jul 2017 5:51 a.m. PST

TBH I hate the whole 15mm, 18mm, 20mm, 25mm, 28mm, 30mm differentiation, because if truth be told, it really should be, 15mm, 16mm, 17mm, 18mm, 20mm, 22mm, 24mm, 25mm, 28mm, 30mm, and 32mm, but that's just stupid, so I use, 15mm, 20mm, and 28mm.

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP09 Jul 2017 7:04 a.m. PST

Wot, no 1/72? You have totally and shamelessly dodged the whole scale issue.

A completely separate can of worms. 1/72, 1/76, etc etc……not the height of the figures from toes to eyes…or is it to tops of heads…or is it to tops of hats? That is maybe why scale driven figures (almost all from Germany in metal anyway) get the anatomical proportions right. They do look like little humans…even in plastic they do…even in plastic (wind up for Marc)

But this is still brilliant work

Rallynow Supporting Member of TMP16 Jul 2017 9:38 p.m. PST

All I know is that if you place these "18mm" figures next to my "15mm" figs, they are way bigger. AB figs are closer in size to my "20mm" figs. This was done deliberately to increase the sell of AB figs and probably the same goes for Blue Moon.

Rallynow Supporting Member of TMP16 Jul 2017 9:52 p.m. PST

But it had the opposite effect on me. I won't by them because I have too much invested in 15s. In my club we often have to combine our collections in order to do a large scenario. My fellow members also have 15mm figs and AB or Blue Moon can't even be on the same table.

So they are missing out on a whole bunch of potential customers. They are lovely figures and if they were 15s I would buy them to start another Napoleonic army.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.