Help support TMP

"15mm Buildings: Sources" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

Back to The Old West Message Board

508 hits since 19 Jun 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP19 Jun 2017 8:07 a.m. PST

I'd like to expand/replace my Old West buildings. Specifically, I'd like to replace all my solid resin ones for buildings with accessible interiors. With all the new MDF sources out there I thought I'd solicit leads. I'm specifically looking for:

• Buildings with accessible interiors
  • Mexican/Adobe type buildings
  • Traditional "western movie" type buildings – homes, saloons, the Bank, the Hotel, general store etc. etc.
  • Indian dwellings of all types
  • Farms and settlements
  • Churches
  • Forts
  • Any other scenic bits particular to the old west such as wire fences, ranch buildings, etc.
  • Any material is okay – resin, MDF, etc.

teboj1719 Jun 2017 8:12 a.m. PST

Gamecraft Miniatures: link

DisasterWargamer Supporting Member of TMP19 Jun 2017 8:36 a.m. PST

TRE Games – I havent dealt with them yet – but it looks like they have some nice stuff

link

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP19 Jun 2017 9:19 a.m. PST

Some of the paper terrain has interiors, you'd just have to scale it down from 28mm. There's Whitewash City, the Stoezel (sp.) line, and I think Finger and Toe, with western stuff on Wargame Vault. The Stoezel stuff though is based on foamcore, so possibly harder to shrink and build.

Personal logo Wyatt the Odd Supporting Member of TMP Fezian19 Jun 2017 4:49 p.m. PST

There's a TMPer selling old Atlantic HO-scale western buildings right now.

Wyatt

Early morning writer19 Jun 2017 7:05 p.m. PST

Curious as to why interiors in 15 mm? I have buildings I'm building with interiors but the more I've thought on it, the more I realize 15 mm is too small for interior gaming. Not because of the figures or the buildings but because of the full life human hand size in relation to the building. If I were to want to game an interior in 15 mm Old West, I'm pretty sure I'd go the route of a floor plan with maybe just a hint of a wall. But I'd still stick with full 3D buildings for my game table.

wolvermonkey19 Jun 2017 7:28 p.m. PST

Second vote for Gamecraft Miniatures. Great looking stuff well made.

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP20 Jun 2017 7:35 a.m. PST

Well, I only game in 15mm for skirmish. I just hate to remove the building and end up with a game on graph paper footprints or whatever.

With resin and MDF I'm thinking I can hack the assembly to get easier access. This will rarely involve actual fights inside them, rather more "we're in the bank shooting out the windows" kind of thing.

Currently I can either keep the troops off table on floor plans and mark the building as occupied, or remove the building and replace with a plain footprint. Nether options appeals to em at all.

teboj1720 Jun 2017 11:39 a.m. PST

This is what I am currently doing for some 15mm building now:
I am assembling the hollow building with roof attached and painting. I then have made bases for the building, around and 1/4" extending all around from the building. The floor is attached to the base and then the building will sit on top of the floor. On the floor base I will have the outline of the wall and door opening so I can remove the building if the figures need to go into the building. I can either put the building back on the base with the figures inside or I can leave the building off and still have a somewhat scenic outline of the building. Currently this is for one story buildings.
For 2 story maybe I will have the 2nd floor attached to the base also or I will cut the 2nd floor off from the 1st floor. I have not given it much though yet though.

Russ Lockwood20 Jun 2017 11:52 a.m. PST

Try Knuckleduster Miniatures. Big into the Wild West. They have a line of 28mm buildings with lift-off roofs, I believe. knuckleduster.com

GGouveia25 Jun 2017 7:36 p.m. PST

15mm try Blue Moon or Old Glory.

Early morning writer25 Jun 2017 10:44 p.m. PST

As GG says, Old Glory/Blue Moon Old West buildings have lift off roofs. And if you're brave enough, you can "open" the windows with a Dremel tool and other hand tools.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.