Help support TMP

"Lone Warrior Blog Update - 13/05/17" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Back to the WWII Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Naval Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the Old School Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Painting Message Board

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the Toy Gaming Discussion Message Board

Back to the ACW Discussion Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the Solo Wargamers Message Board

812 hits since 13 May 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo 20thmaine Supporting Member of TMP13 May 2017 8:28 a.m. PST

It's been a long time since the last update so here goes for a bumper crop from the Solo Wargamers Association Lone Warrior Blog!

Rob Morgan has found some interesting snippets on the War on the Great lakes link in Mariners Mirror

George Arnold offers an interesting visit report on a recent trip to Shiloh link including some nice photos

Rob Morgan recalls War machine magazine – and the great inspiration it offered link – I think I've got a few issues of this tucked away somewhere…

Kevin White offers up April's sample article PDF link Ridge Line Reconnaissance is a WWII scenario, but could be adapted. It's from Lone Warrior Issue 186

Rob Morgan takes an indepth look at the interesting & useful Osprey Duel 4 Panther versus T-34 PDF link

Jonathan Aird reviews the Hotwheels Tie-Fighter model : it's 15mm compatible !!! PDF link

Rich Barbuti reviews the latest volume of wargame design ideas from Wally Simon – Volume 7 ! PDF link

The Airfix Victory model makes, for Rob Morgan, a handy basis for a Prison Hulk model link

Jonathan Aird had a good time at Salute link

Rob Morgan revives ideas for Icebergs as floating airbases link

Bob Stewart offers up Painting Tactics PDF link in the sample article for May – this one comes from Lone Warrior 184

And finally Rob Morgan has found a source of affordable small scale Star Trek models PDF link

Phew – a lot of stuff! Have to do the next up date sooner…

TheBeast Supporting Member of TMP13 May 2017 1:51 p.m. PST

Link by the War Machine reference is back to Shiloh, but there's a link on the page in the upper right corner to it as next article.

You're right, this list is a 'bloater.'

Doug

Personal logo 20thmaine Supporting Member of TMP13 May 2017 5:44 p.m. PST

Thanks for spotting that link for the posting about War Machine is here : link

Chgowiz15 May 2017 7:42 a.m. PST

"Bob Stewart offers up Painting Tactics PDF link in the sample article for May this one comes from Lone Warrior 184"

I have really enjoyed this sample article – I'll be buying a copy just for that. Thank you!

Personal logo 20thmaine Supporting Member of TMP18 May 2017 5:21 a.m. PST

I have a copy of that article next to my painting table to remind me to stick to what is important.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.