Help support TMP

"Recon 2017 - Race for Gamma Tauri IV (Full Thrust)" Topic

3 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Spaceship Gaming Message Board

593 hits since 7 May 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

alex75707 May 2017 1:05 p.m. PST

The Race For Gamma Tauri IV… HMGS-South Recon 2017 in Orlando, FL.

picture

We had 6 players, with 2 of them never having played Full Thrust before. With some coaching and the Owner/Operator Sheets provided, they picked it up very quickly. A good time was had by all.

picture

picture

The scenario involved a race to a newly discovered planet rich in resources. The battle had 3 simultaneous actions occurring:

1. The surface battle – whoever landed the most landing parties (or tanks) via shuttle or transporter wins

2. Orbital superiority – whoever had the most hull boxes on uncrippled ships in standard orbit had orbital superiority.

3. Deep Space Superiority – whoever had the most hull boxes of uncrippled ships not in orbit had deep space superiority.

Whoever won 2 of 3 of these actions won control of the system.

The Klingons were victorious by winning the surface action 93 to 91 and achieving Orbital Superiority 85 to 69. The Federation, due to a navigational error, was unchallenged in deep space with an entire (almost untouched) Task Force flying off into the distance.

Thanks to all of my players!

More Pictures at:
https://imageshack.com/a/eenl/1

TheBeast Supporting Member of TMP08 May 2017 5:16 a.m. PST

…3 simultaneous actions…

I declare insane, and I'M LOVING IT!

I have always dreamed of such, never worked up even playing with friends, and you involved newbies at a con. I AM NOT WORTHY!

;->= Thanks.

Doug

MacrossMartin Inactive Member14 May 2017 6:03 p.m. PST

A pox on D-10's that won't hold on to their nacelles! ;) How well I know…

I've done something very similar to this, with three fights between UFP and Klingon forces occurring simultaneously. Mind you, it wasn't planned that way! Teach me for bringing my 'game-winning' carrier task forces onto the far side of a 12 foot table, where they got bogged down in their own battles just to survive…

Great to see so many Trek ships out there in the public eye. Great stuff!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.