Help support TMP

"Tudor dollies in coats " Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

Back to the Renaissance Discussion Message Board

662 hits since 2 May 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Stuart M02 May 2017 11:22 p.m. PST

Hello all

I've created some dollies in coats to speed up my efforts in creating some early Tudors. They were not developed with sale being the primary aim but they are available for preorder for anyone who's interested.

They're not complete figures and further modelling is required but they've satisfied the primary aim of speeding up my sculpting process.

picture

International postage is no problem. More details are on my blog;

link

Thanks

Stuart

Supercilius Maximus03 May 2017 1:34 a.m. PST

Presumably these could be used with the helmeted heads and arms from the Perry WotR plastic sets, and the "bonneted" heads from their Italian Wars metal range?

I don't think anyone else makes early Tudor figures (all 1540s and Elizabethan), so well done Stuart.

Stuart M03 May 2017 2:02 a.m. PST

They can indeed, in fact that was my aim, here they are assembled as Bill. They're made to fit the Perry plastic sets and just require assembly and simple sleeves to be added for the top of the jackets a bit of rudimentary sculpting but not too much effort to bring those sets into the early 1500's

picture

Stuart M03 May 2017 2:20 a.m. PST

A few individual shots

picture

picture

picture

Crazyivanov03 May 2017 3:27 a.m. PST

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Puster Supporting Member of TMP03 May 2017 7:10 a.m. PST

These call out for a Guinegate 1513 campaign. Perhaps for the abandonded invasion of 1514, with a core of 15k Landsknechts under de la Pole reviving the War of the Roses…

Stuart M03 May 2017 7:10 a.m. PST

Here's a tutorial on how to build the figure and sculpt the sleeves;

link

picture

Supercilius Maximus05 May 2017 11:19 a.m. PST

My problem is avoiding making the upper sleeves look like Space Marines.

Gustav A06 May 2017 1:16 a.m. PST

Great work, shaping metal & plastic to look like cloth is not easy as cloth is such an alive material when worn.

picture

Stuart M19 May 2017 6:24 a.m. PST

Here they are painted

picture

More details on my blog;

link

Thanks

Stuart

Puster Supporting Member of TMP19 May 2017 7:52 a.m. PST

Looking forward to get some in my hands :-)

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.