Help support TMP

"Chain of Command:Espana at Little Wars" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Back to the Interwar (WWI to WWII) Message Board

Back to the Spanish Civil War Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
World War One
World War Two on the Land

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Featured Workbench Article

Battlefront's BA-6 Armored Car

Dave Bennett of Lone Star Historical Miniatures paints up some WWII Soviet armored cars for TMP - and demonstrated how to use chalk for weathering.

Featured Profile Article

1,094 hits since 30 Apr 2017
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

scrivs30 Apr 2017 8:56 a.m. PST

picture

I attended Little Wars on Friday where Ed had put on a splendid game of Chain of Command Espana using the Big Chain of Command rules. I provided most of the troops and some of the terrain.

picture

The game represented part of the Nationalist attacks on Madrid and we used four 'platoons' per side.

picture

The Nationalists comprised a sección each of La Legion and Regulares plus two Centuria of Falange, while the Republicans two sección of International Brigade, one of Guardia Civil and a column of Militia.

picture

More photos and commentary on the blog: link

idontbelieveit30 Apr 2017 10:24 a.m. PST

Nice!

Codsticker30 Apr 2017 11:21 a.m. PST

I'm in lurve with those buildings.

redmist112230 Apr 2017 12:00 p.m. PST

Holy cow! Four platoons per side…sir you are definitely doing the BIG CoC thing.

Did you make any adjustments for that many players other than the basics from the BIG CoC booklet?

Oh, the game set-up looks awesome too.

Thanks for sharing.

P.

agrippavips30 Apr 2017 2:36 p.m. PST

I commanded the International Brigade Platoon on the Republican left flank. This was quite a game. Beautiful set up. We picked up the rules after a couple of turns. It was nice to see "Big Chain Of Ccommand" in action. The rules are tough to figure out without playing through it.

Hey, my commander told me we Republicans had won a marginal victory. Red Propaganda wins the day!!!

Pat

Personal logo FlyXwire Supporting Member of TMP30 Apr 2017 3:50 p.m. PST

Sweet presentation!
Nice blog report too.

Personal logo McLaddie Supporting Member of TMP30 Apr 2017 8:16 p.m. PST

Inspiring as always!

mghFond30 Apr 2017 8:39 p.m. PST

Was there and saw the game first hand. Scrivs is a fabulous painter. It was a gorgeous game and looked like everyone was having fun.

clifblkskull Supporting Member of TMP30 Apr 2017 9:02 p.m. PST

Nice blog and pics
Thanks
Clif

Tom Reed Supporting Member of TMP01 May 2017 6:45 a.m. PST

Beautiful looking game! Sorry I missed the convention this year.

The Colonel KC01 May 2017 8:53 a.m. PST

Awesome terrain and figures. Thanks for being a part of Little Wars!

scrivs01 May 2017 6:42 p.m. PST

Thanks everybody.
redmist1122; it was pretty much standard IIRC.
agrippavips; glad you enjoyed it, most of the histories we know are written by the Republican side so I must have been in error :)

Paul

(Leftee)02 May 2017 6:16 a.m. PST

Thanks to Paul for the invite and driving! Thought I'd go down as assistant schlepper, but ended up as a Falangist.
Sent one section across a field to their doom. Sat in a gully eating tapas and plinking away at any Republican in sight with the other (the anvil). After a siesta the mortar spotter showed up late and dropped a textbook stonk on the enemy a la the Roach on Apocalypse Now; then the game ended due to time and exhaustion at the slaughter. Thank you Ed et al for hosting.
Also managed to stop by DPC and pick up some SYW reinforcements.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.