Help support TMP

"Warlord Games AFV Plastic or Resin" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Models Review Message Board

688 hits since 10 Apr 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

alexjones Inactive Member11 Apr 2017 3:26 a.m. PST

How do the metal & Resin vs the plastic models compare please?

Resin can be a bit lacking in detail and is some parts are fragile. But I've never seen the Warlord Games vehicles in the flesh.

jdpintex11 Apr 2017 6:36 a.m. PST

I have their resin vehicles and they have pretty good detail and are easy to construct (albeit I've yet to get receive an instruction sheet). I've been happy with them. The resin is soft though, but I favor resin over plastic.

I have the plastic Sdkz 251s and they went together well (they had basic instruction sheets). I found the plastic kits to have less detail, but then again they are half-tracks. The kits did include extra equipment to use for storage though.

Overall happy with both, but prefer resin for a wide variety of reasons.

Vigilant11 Apr 2017 9:55 a.m. PST

For me the big difference is weight. As far as detail is concerned I have resin, plastic and metal from various manufacturers and for the most part there is little difference in detail. As far as fit is concerned I would place the order of quality as plastic 1st, followed by by resin with metal a poor last inn most (though not all) cases. I don't think that resin or plastic are anymore fragile than each other – small and thin parts on either can get broken. As in all things you pay your money and take your chances.

cae5ar16 May 2017 3:15 p.m. PST

I prefer plastic because the plastic cement holds together so much better than any kind of glue you can use on metal or resin. With my metal and resin vehicles I always have a tube of superglue on standby in case something drops off in action. Plastic doesn't have this problem, since the plastic "glue" (i.e. cement) literally welds the material together. Detail on some of the plastic kits is excellent, but they tend to be the ones which have more parts to assemble.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.