Help support TMP

"Photos of Two More Cold Wars Games" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in the USA Message Board

Back to the Napoleonics Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Historical Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

1,042 hits since 27 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Wargaming Company27 Mar 2017 7:07 a.m. PST

We've posted photos and brief AARs of our second and third ESR Napoleonic games at Cold Wars 2017 to our Gallery.

Hope you enjoy.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

DaleWill Supporting Member of TMP27 Mar 2017 9:44 a.m. PST

Great looking games.

RetroBoom Inactive Member27 Mar 2017 9:54 a.m. PST

Walked by the table a few times. Wasn't able to play but it looked fantastic! (I heard it was really fun too!)

Toronto4827 Mar 2017 10:17 a.m. PST

A very good looking game spoiled by table clutter and drinks on the table as well A spilled drink can ruin a terrain piece

Tom D127 Mar 2017 10:45 a.m. PST

Played in the first game on Friday. Had a good time and Dave the rules author is a good and patient GM.

historygamer27 Mar 2017 11:09 a.m. PST

Nice looking game table. Is the cloth purpose-built for a specific game, or can it be changed?

I agree about the clutter, but it is inevitable – though the drinks would make me real nervous. Not like we have extra tables behind us for boxes and stuff.

138SquadronRAF Supporting Member of TMP27 Mar 2017 12:16 p.m. PST

Nice looking game table. Is the cloth purpose-built for a specific game, or can it be changed?

If your cloth is bigger than the table it's not a problem. A number of us here in the Twin Cities does this. Check out this article for the principles:

PDF link

The Wargaming Company27 Mar 2017 4:05 p.m. PST

DaleWill Thank you!

RetroBoom Glad to hear, hope we can get you into one at the next convention, they do tend to fill, so I greatly encourage pre-registering. Our convention schedule is on our website.

Toronto48 While I would prefer we had the luxury of side tables for beverages, dice boxes and charts, what is most important is that the players have fun. And as we were running learning games, having the "tools" as accessible as possible becomes a compromise driver. As to drinks, there isn't much one could spill on the terrain cloth that wouldn't make it look like another variation of earth tone, so we accept the risk.

Tom D1 Thank you, one never knows how they are doing GM'ing while they are doing it, we just cross our fingers and hope! Very glad you had a good time and look forward to seeing you at the next one!

history gamer Thank you. The cloth in question is actually for the Battle of Vitebsk in 1812, but frankly, it is a map with a river on one edge, a couple small streams, and two roads which criss-cross creating a cross roads in the center meaning that by moving around where you place hills, woods, and villages, it can represent darn near anywhere, at least generically. We have two that we overlay in a diamond pattern to create the battlefield 1812 Loubino battlefield.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

clifblkskull Supporting Member of TMP27 Mar 2017 8:40 p.m. PST

Great looking games
Thank you so much for posting
Clif

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP29 Mar 2017 8:30 a.m. PST

I really liked seeing the games.. took pics myself! I also like the company that goes along with this!!!! The color plates are invaluable!

The Wargaming Company29 Mar 2017 2:38 p.m. PST

clifblkskull You're welcome.

Poniatowski Thank you. We try to make the sorts of products that we wish existed.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.