Help support TMP

"Chrome/dayglow green space marines." Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Back to the SF Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the 6mm Sci-Fi Message Board

948 hits since 21 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Allen57 In the TMP Dawghouse21 Mar 2017 1:22 a.m. PST

In the depths of the basement I found a bag of epic space marine figures painted in chrome/day glow green. Yes, they were a cheap impulse buy from a flea market. I am not a 40K gamer so know little about the various space marine units/chapters. Are there units in the 40K unit lists of this color?

Personal logo Chalfant Supporting Member of TMP21 Mar 2017 3:56 a.m. PST

There are a lot of chapters… not sure which is day glo green and chrome, I would look at Mantis and Sons of Medusa, probably not correct, but…

link

Chalfant

Stryderg21 Mar 2017 1:49 p.m. PST

Back when I started with 40K (version 3 maybe), it was suggested that a player could devise his own chapter, since there were thousands of them in the fluff. Of course when I mentioned the subject at a GW store, I was met with "Oh, so they're Ultramarines then". My point (yes, I have a point), what you may have is someone's attempt at a custom chapter.

Legion 421 Mar 2017 2:27 p.m. PST

You could call them the "Sons Of Allen" SMs ! wink

But with a wash of green or black they could be Nurgle Death Guard … Here's some on mine. But not GW, a buddy cast those for he & I …

picture

Sort of a putrid jungle green. wink That's why a wash of green or black of both could get you some Death Guard …

Here's my GW Death Guard …

picture
A little darker more OD Green. But you could do the similar with Green and/or Black washes …

Allen57 In the TMP Dawghouse21 Mar 2017 9:04 p.m. PST

Hey L4 wish the ones I have looked that good. Maybe a couple washes would do the trick. I think the color of mine is awful. The only reason I have not done anything is there are so many of them. Even doing a wash would be a major undertaking.

Legion 422 Mar 2017 7:06 a.m. PST

Thanks Allen ! Well I just wanted to give you some ideas. Since there are a lot of them, do a little at a time. Have fun with it ! Experiment … Washes are pretty quick and easy to apply. I recommend GW washes, IMO, they are the best around.

Here's some more of my Green SMs …

picture

picture

My "personal" Rgtl Cmdr … in camo green … wink
picture
Just some more ideas …

The Epic Gamer10 Apr 2017 3:41 a.m. PST

ironhands.com/chapters.htm

link

Those would be a good place to start.

Where in the US are you?

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.