Help support TMP

"6mm japanese figures" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Models Review Message Board

Back to the WWII Microscale Models Review Message Board

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

728 hits since 17 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Father Grigori18 Mar 2017 4:24 p.m. PST

Just started a solo Pacific project.

At the moment I have some H&R Japanese figures. As Baccus don't yet make Japanese, I was looking at other makers for some variety. How compatible are Scotia Grendel packs with H6&R?

gamershs18 Mar 2017 6:07 p.m. PST

GHQ has a selection of figures:
WWII Japanese Heavy Weapons
GHQ Stock # J4
WWII Japanese Individual Infantrymen
GHQ Stock # J6
WWII Japanese Individual Heavy Weapons
GHQ Stock # J7

Expensive but should give you what you will need.

lloydthegamer Supporting Member of TMP18 Mar 2017 6:35 p.m. PST

Gamershs, you're answer is detailed, but doesn't answer the question, "How compatible or Scotia and H&R?".

monk2002uk19 Mar 2017 12:06 a.m. PST

I don't have the WW2 Scotia Grendel but their WW1 figures are noticeably taller than H&R. Size-wise, SG are similar to Baccus. In practice, this rarely creates any significant problem on-table. Especially in the heat of battle…

Robert

Personal logo Landorl Supporting Member of TMP19 Mar 2017 6:40 a.m. PST

I've been begging for Adler to do Japanese for a long time. Their figure range is great. For now, I would stick with GHQ.

Father Grigori20 Mar 2017 4:12 a.m. PST

Thanks for the input. I've had a look at the GHQ figures, and on reflection, I'll probably stick with H&R; it's more what I want. The GHQ figures are nice, but the poses for the company are just too static, and I really want to work up to battalion level games in the long run. On the other hand, I think I'll be going with them for the few tanks I'll need.

I can't find any pics of the Scotia figures, so again, they're going to lose out to the H&R.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen. It's been useful.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.