Help support TMP

"The Great Paraguayan " Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

450 hits since 18 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

10thMountain Inactive Member18 Mar 2017 11:59 a.m. PST

Hello,
Are there any miniatures available for the Great Paraguyan War or War of Triple Alliance in 25-28mm?

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP18 Mar 2017 12:17 p.m. PST

Obscure Miniatures had some, but I don't see anything but an email address for them in the manufacturers directory.

GiloUK18 Mar 2017 3:12 p.m. PST

Kings Carbine Miniatures released some Paraguyans a couple of years ago. They may still be available. Some pics of my painted ones here:

link

I'd certainly really like to see the range develop.

Personal logo Grey Heron Supporting Member of TMP19 Mar 2017 1:55 a.m. PST

Not sure if this is right:Caliver Books:

link

Personal logo vtsaogames Supporting Member of TMP19 Mar 2017 8:47 a.m. PST

That's the War of the Pacific 1879-1884 between Chile, Bolivia and Peru. The figures in kepi would probably pass for Allies. Since the war was fought in a tropical climate, i think the greatcoat would not be the thing.

As for the Paraguayans, nothing else really looks like them.

Personal logo brass1 Supporting Member of TMP19 Mar 2017 9:09 a.m. PST

Freikorps 15 makes a sizable line in 15mm but I'm unable to find any in larger scales.

LT

Personal logo Grey Heron Supporting Member of TMP19 Mar 2017 8:30 p.m. PST

Okay, thanks for the info.

KTravlos Supporting Member of TMP21 Mar 2017 3:14 a.m. PST

You can get Paraguys from KingsCarabine. For the Brazilians, a mix of USA ACW figures, French Crimean War or 1859 War Chaussers will do fine. For Uruguyans a mix of Carlists, French Crimean War or 1859 Chaussers will be sufficent.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.