Help support TMP

"TreeGirl is baking up a storm" Topic

16 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

818 hits since 15 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

jefritrout15 Mar 2017 7:33 a.m. PST

With the winter storm affecting our area, it gave TreeGirl a day off of school. She has gotten out many of the ingredients and is starting the test bakes. We know there will be chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, but their might just be a third kind of cookie, depending on homework assigned. She of course still has lots and lots of trees ready.

Inspired by Santa Moe and his Toys for Tots campaign at Fall In, TreeGirl has decided that a portion of what she makes will be donated to St Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Personal logo wrgmr1 Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2017 8:46 a.m. PST

Awesome!

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2017 8:52 a.m. PST

Awesome – but now I'm hungry!

Personal logo Coyotepunc and Hatshepsuut Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2017 11:02 a.m. PST

Who is TreeGirl?

Ember52 Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2017 11:35 a.m. PST

boy wundyr x

+1

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2017 12:36 p.m. PST

Coyote, TreeGirl is jefritrout's daughter, who has been gracing the Wally's Basement portion of HMGS cons (Cold Wars, Fall-In) for the last few years. She has been making and selling miniature trees for terrain in various scales. Her other merchandise has been homemade cookies of various types. She has become sort of a "daughter of the Regiment" for HMGS gamers, who eagerly anticipate purchasing her excellent trees _and_ her excellent cookies.
She has shown a great deal of creativity, skill, effort, and industriousness, as well as generosity (see the St.Jude's donation mentioned above).
Huzzah for TreeGirl and her parents!

Personal logo Chuckaroobob Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2017 12:55 p.m. PST

I bought some of her flaming wreck markers. Nice! If she has them at Historicon, I'll buy some more.

Personal logo Coyotepunc and Hatshepsuut Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2017 2:51 p.m. PST

Thank you!

47Ronin15 Mar 2017 2:54 p.m. PST

+1 to capncarp's comments.

Best money I spend at any convention is on cookies by TreeGirl.

zoneofcontrol15 Mar 2017 4:35 p.m. PST

I am filing an OFFICIAL complaint about Tree Girl. She better not be "baking up a STORM". We're still digging out from Winter Storm Stella. We may just have to get Betty Crocker, Pillsbury Doughboy and the Keebler Elves after her!

Seriously, which days and sessions will she be hawking her wares? I seem to recall Saturday mentioned in one of the previous threads but cannot recall.

Good luck to her.

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2017 4:56 p.m. PST

I dunno about you, zoneofcontrol, but _I'd_ not mind having to use a snowshovel to pick up TreeGirls cookies!
Bake away, lass, bake away! Don't worry, we'll get Otis Spunkmeyer, The Gingerbread Men. and Last Year's Fruitcake to defend your right to bake!

jefritrout16 Mar 2017 6:20 a.m. PST

I petitioned the school board to recognize the Friday of Cold Wars as a holiday but my appeal went unheeded. As a result TreeGirl will only be there during the Saturday morning session.

During Summer (read Historicon), she will be present for at least Friday and Saturday.

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP16 Mar 2017 2:48 p.m. PST

What? You didn't lay the "historical recreations of world-changing battles" shtick on them? You know, like "Santa Claus vs. the Nazis" and Weird War2 "Allied superweapons vs. Axis Zombies"?

Ember52 Supporting Member of TMP19 Mar 2017 5:57 a.m. PST

Picked up some more trees and multiple bags of cookies from Tree Girl and family. Hope your sales went well yesterday. Also, thanks for the funds you're sending to St. Jude's!!

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP19 Mar 2017 9:49 a.m. PST

Not only bought some cookies and a tree, but Jefritrout and TreeGirl and Mom let us have the table for the last Fleamarket session on Saturday they had been using--thanks! And we also shared our appreciation of TreeGirl's philanthropic efforts, and told her dad that seeing a young person with so much enthusiasm and ethics was a breath of fresh air. You go, TreeGirl!

MrZorro19 Mar 2017 3:32 p.m. PST

Does TreeGirl sell her trees online? website?

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.