Help support TMP

"Renault FT [FT17] tank 54mm or so kits" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the Plastic Army Men Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Early 20th Century Discussion Message Board

541 hits since 13 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Queen Catherine13 Mar 2017 6:54 p.m. PST

Renault FT [FT17] tank 54mm or so kits

I'm looking for tanks that were actually used by the US forces, or in support of them, at Soissons and subsequent battles. So far, they appear to be Schneider's and Renaults.

There are a number of 1/32 or 1/35 kits kicking around, but does anyone have one they think is especially a good deal and / or easy to make, and a source for it? I'm also OK with one that is a plastic toy or something.

So far, this is the best I've found at $30 USD, but I haven't found one in stock: link

I'm hoping to have an early Patton scenario some day…

Thanks!

Wackmole9 Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2017 6:59 p.m. PST

Hi

I know Trenchworx has made a GI Joe sized one, So They might be able to make you one.

trenchworx.com

Bill D

Personal logo DColtman Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2017 8:01 p.m. PST

Paper?

link

Not sure if it's easy to make – but the price is good!

Queen Catherine14 Mar 2017 7:18 a.m. PST

I saw this, and have to admit that $9 USD for unlimited Renault's is pretty amazing!

Ceterman Supporting Member of TMP14 Mar 2017 8:55 a.m. PST

A boat load on ebay: auction

Queen Catherine14 Mar 2017 10:01 a.m. PST

yeah, a lot of them have very high shipping prices – coming from Asia and such. There's one for $16 USD with $15 USD shipping, however.

I did find the Meng model kit for $25 USD at one of the hobby retailers on line, but it's not in stock. That'd be the best price, about $25 USD, perhaps with free shipping if the order is large enough.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.