Help support TMP

"Need Doms Decals decal placement guides ASAP " Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Biplanes Message Board

415 hits since 12 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Ewan Hoosami12 Mar 2017 10:53 p.m. PST

Seeing Doms so busy catching up on orders is anyone here able to send me electronic copies of the decal application instructions. I have lost my copies that date back to 2008. I need copies for Escadrille N.3 and N.24, AFC no4, Jasta's 15, 19 & 37. I've emailed Dom direct but no reply. You can contact me direct on

Email adspirit@ncable.net.au

I have some Bloody April Anniversary events for Wings of Glory getting closer and I have a dozen planes ready to be repainted and have decals applied

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member14 Mar 2017 9:58 a.m. PST

Are you looking for where the decals go on the plane (in which case I'd recommend checking out the Wings Palette) or how the decals go on?

If the latter, working from memory, I:
- let the paint dry for 24+ hours
- apply Future/Clear over the area where the decal is going, let it dry for 24+ hours
- cut out the decal and dip in water till it slides off the backing
- apply to the target area and orient
- hit it with a decal setting solution, let dry for 24+ hours
- go over decal with Future/Clear and let dry for 24+ hours
- do any weathering etc. (I usually don't for planes)
- varnish matte

I think some folks have a decal solution that goes on before the decal is applied (as well as the one after), but I've never found a need for it.

Ewan Hoosami14 Mar 2017 8:46 p.m. PST

Where the decals go. I don't have a list of pilots names either so there is still an amount of guess work. It would be easier if someone could help me out. I will also ask same at Wings of War Aerodrome tonight. Future clear is not available in my region but thanks for the effort you went to boy wundyr x

Ewan Hoosami17 Mar 2017 12:45 a.m. PST

All good, Dom has sent the documents I needed. I have already archived them digitally and paper files have been created.

Thanks Dom.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.