Help support TMP

"Airfix ACW Wargaming - Union infantry " Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the Old School Wargaming Message Board

Back to the ACW Gallery Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

727 hits since 12 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pauls Bods Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2017 4:10 a.m. PST

all 4 (planned) regiments finished

picture

Close ups
link

bracken Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2017 5:27 a.m. PST

That's some very fine work, I made some zouaves from the Airfix commandos way way back in the day. Happy memories of happy care free days.

colkitto12 Mar 2017 7:17 a.m. PST

Zouaves from Airfix commandos? Those I would like to have seen!

bracken Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2017 7:24 a.m. PST

Colkitto they maybe weren't 100% accurate but red trousers, white gaiters and a blue short jacket they were close enough for me.

jowady12 Mar 2017 10:09 a.m. PST

Bracken, are you sure that you don't mean their French Foreign Legion figures? I can't begin to imagine all the work involved in converting Commandos from WW2 into ACW era Zouaves.

Grignotage Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2017 12:11 p.m. PST

Nicely done!

Personal logo 20thmaine Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2017 12:47 p.m. PST

Love the swashbuckling officer !

Looks just perfect – it's been great to see this developing over the last several weeks.

bracken Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2017 1:22 p.m. PST

Jowady it was a long time ago and my skills were very limited but they where definitely the commando set. The alterations consisted of plastascene coated with varnish to try and save it from being squashed to nothing. The cap comforters where painted red, the webbing was over painted they to me looked the biz! But I was very young and accuracy didn't always come into it. I did use the french foreign legion figures but as figures in great coats. They where the days!

jowady12 Mar 2017 4:59 p.m. PST

Bracken, then all I can say is Yikes! Your skills then were so much better than mine now.

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2017 5:16 p.m. PST

Nicely done!

Jeigheff Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2017 6:51 p.m. PST

Beautiful colors. They truly look like Civil War soldiers.

Personal logo Flashman14 Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2017 11:03 a.m. PST

Because the figures are painted so beautifully, it's really jarring to see them on the candy apple bases.

By the way Napoleonic enthusiasts, there's, very clearly, your French infantry blue recipe seen on the jackets.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.